Team Building West Algarve & Lagos
Active corporate retreats & outdoor team building events in West Algarve with watersports, wellness and exploring!
West Algarve offers picturesque secluded beaches, a rugged coastline, historical seas-side villages and Lagos; a buzzing harbour town. If you’re after an active corporate retreat in Portugal with reliable sunny weather, quality accommodation, a range of fun outdoor activities and wellness, then Algarve on the south-west coast of Portugal will tick all of the boxes!
Why not stay in your own exclusive hostel in Praia da Arrifana on the Costa Vicentina, overlooking the beach with some of the best swell for a private group surf-lesson, or opt for more luxury in a modern seaside hotel or villa in the Lagos area. These are just some of the accommodation options we offer for team building in West Algarve & Lagos! Picture starting your day with a relaxing beach yoga session, exploring sea caves on a paddleboard and finishing the day with a BBQ on board of a private sailing trip around the famous Grottos. Our Lagos corporate retreats are available as multi-night packages, day tours, or just book your activities only if you wish.
Big Blue Adventures offers quality team building in West Algarve and Lagos, combining group-friendly accommodation such as villas & hotels, with a range of outdoor activities & experiences. Local transfers, food & drinks and your important meetings & events are also part of our service. We tailor everything to your team’s needs, pulling in our expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver the perfect team building getaway in West Algarve.
When you’re ready contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today.
Aljezur & Lagos areas
Large team sizes welcome
Beginner to advanced lessons
Who doesn’t love the idea of having fun surfing in the beautiful Portuguese seas? Algarve is not only blessed with around 300 days of sunshine, but it is also an awesome surf destination with a variety of breaks perfect for a fun outdoor team building activity. A popular option for our Algarve retreats for good reason!
- Half and full day lessons, or let’s build you a corporate surf camp retreat!
- Lessons last typically 2-3 hours with around 1.5 – 2 hours water time
- Experienced local team, professional licensed instructors with a fun vibe – we want you to catch waves!
- Surf boards and wetsuits included
- Goes well with a beach yoga session
- Why not add on a mountain biking activity or a coastal hike with sunset wine and treats?
- Looking for some team competition? Why not set up a surf competition? Contact us for some fun ideas!
Sailing & Boat Trips
Private Catamaran Tours
Small to Large Boats
How about team bonding on a large catamaran boat with a cold drink in your hand after enjoying some fun splashing about in the clear blue sea? Our sailing tours are the perfect addition to any corporate retreat in west Algarve. The coastline here is so beautiful with its unique rock formations, taking it all in on a private boat tour with your comrades offers a fantastic experience together.
- Variety of catamaran sizes holding from 8 people up to 80
- Food & drinks available on board incl. alcohol
- Stop for swimming and water games + some paddleboarding
- Take in the picturesque Algarve grottos and coastline
- Speedboat RHIB tours available
- 1/2 day tours morning or afternoon from Lagos
The Beautiful Rota Vicentina
Sunset Finish With Wine and Food
Quality 1/2 Day or Full day Tours
The Rota Vicentina provides a world-class hiking route that starts in Alentenjo and follows this stunning coastline all the way down to Lagos. We tend to stick with the Fisherman’s Trail, known as one of the world’s best coastal hiking routes. Our local guides have great knowledge on the land, as well as a vast knowledge on nature and hiking / orienteering in general. A great activity option for any team seeking to embrace the amazing Algarve landscape on foot.
- Guided 1/2 day or full day tours
- Add on lunch and / or wine with a picnic dinner over sunset views to enjoying a drink under the stars
- world-class hiking route with educational pointers along the way
- Moderate fitness suggestible at least
- Hiking shoes and kit not supplied – guests need to bring this themselves
- If you want to just add a short hike around an activity or event, we can also do some ad hoc sightseeing instead of a full on,guided hike
Exploring & Tours
Beaches & Country
Soak Up Algarve Culture
Cute Towns & Villages
Why not add on a tailor-made sightseeing tour in Algarve to fit around the itinerary or to enjoy as a stand alone activity? We can adjust our tours to suit what your team fancies, lasting anything from a quick two hour stop off taking the scenic route home after a surf, to a full day exploring the amazing region. Especially handy if you don’t quite fancy a full hiking activity, just a quick stop off here and there soaking up the sights of Algarve.
- Food and drink stops from wine tasting to a sunset picnic with amazing views
- Explore cute authentic Algarvian towns and fishing villages
- Coastal exploring and beach time
- Mountains and forests
- Private bus tours
- Fits well with a 1/2 day activity, such as sailing in Lagos followed by sightseeing for the afternoon
Sagres and Lagos areas
Fun hit of adventure
Push some limits
Coasteering is one of our most popular outdoor team building activities. Scramble, swim and take on fun jumps while exploring the beautiful Algarve coastline. Our coasteering here is supported by an “adventure for all” supportive environment, perfect for pushing some boundaries, while doing something a bit different.
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment (bring a pair of old trainers & boardshorts)
- Our coasteering adventures last between 3-4 hours incl. kitting up
- Includes a transfer from your accommodation
- Why not add on a lunch stop and extra exploring, or a surf lesson after the coasteer?
Mountain Biking & Cycling Tours
Mountain Tours – Monchique
Algarve is not only a watersports and beach haven, it also offers really epic on-land activity options such as mountain biking. Our tours are set-up with the typical team in mind, offering something for everyone, from the less adventurous to those who crave a hit of adrenaline. Take on the coastal routes or let us show you routes inland with stunning views from up high in Monchique. A great team building activity option!
- Regular mountain-biking, E-biking or Hybrids available
- Coast, forests, scenic villages and mountains
- 1/2 day or full day guided tours
- Beginner friendly
Yoga & Wellness
Massage & Relaxation
With around 300 days of sunshine a year, stunning nature and sandy beaches – this is the perfect destination for some team yoga and feel good wellness. Whether you are complete beginners or experienced yogis, adding yoga and wellness on a team retreat is a great way to go. They go hand in hand with outdoor activities for developing amazing vibes and improving mental health. Whether you fancy a beach yoga session around a surf lesson, or a more targeted programme of wellness – we can factor that in to suit your goals.
- Yoga practice for beginners & more experienced yogis
- Meditation sessions
- Available at the beach, in nature or at the accommodation
- Massage and body therapy to realign the bodies from office based or physically demanding jobs
- Pick up and learn new practices you can take home with you for an improved team / office vibe – ask us about follow up sessions over Zoom or a take-home programme to follow
SUP Tours & Team Games
Looking for a great way to be active and enjoy the coast, but taking things a bit easier with some zen time? Paddleboarding offers just that. Glide your way across the Algarve seas taking in the breath-taking scenery on your own private team SUP tour. Alternatively we can also explore the river in Amoreira, a great option for a windy day or some nervous team members. We can also add on fun team elements!
- Accessible watersport and easy to pick up with large SUP boards
- Enjoy stunning cave systems and the Algarve coastline near Sagres, or we can do a gentle river SUP in Amoreira near Aljezur
- Sessions incl. experienced instructor & needed equipment
- Team races and fun elements optional
- Why not add on a beach yoga session to partner your SUP experience?
Min. 6 Participants
Paintballing is one of those crowd-pleasing activities that offers something more light-hearted to a team building retreat. Who doesn’t enjoy shooting up their mates and colleagues over a fun game of paintballing in a woodland setting? A great way to spend the morning or afternoon that provides a little variety of the other outdoor activities.
- All kit supplied
- Private sessions for teams
- Team v team competitive fun
- Near to Lagos city
- 1/2 day activity
Fun Interactive Sessions
Office Teams & Sports Clubs
Get your sweat on with us as part of an active team building retreat in Algarve. We have something for all fitness goals, whether you’re an office based team wanting to be whipped into shape or a sports team seeking a bootcamp with a specialist personal trainer. It works well combined with outdoor activities and wellness. Tailor-made to suit your goals and current fitness levels.
- Workout on stunning beaches or at the accommodation
- Flexible programmes to suit various trip budgets
- Specialist, experienced trainers
- Good team bonding activity
- Post retreat follow ups and programmes to take home can be included
Lagos, Sagres & Aljezur
All group sizes
Modern with good facilities
If you would like that extra level of comfort you only find in a hotel, then we have some fantastic options for your team building retreat in Algarve. Ranging from 3* to 5* hotels to suit most budgets, complete with great features such as outdoor pools and wellness centres, all set within fantastic locations across west Algarve.
- 3* to 5* hotels
- From twin room, private doubles to executive suites
- En-suite rooms with all the modern touches and features you’d expect from a quality hotel
- On-site pools, gyms. fitness and wellness centres, sports pitches, sun terraces and other nice features
- We can run meetings and party events at the hotels
- Bars and restaurants on-site at most of our hotel options
- Variety of locations from hotels by the beach and sea in peaceful natural settings to a stay in central Lagos town with its nice restaurants and good atmosphere
Small to medium sized groups
Locations across west Algarve
For teams who want that feeling of togetherness, with more privacy and enhanced social vibes, an exclusive villa hire in Algarve is a great option for you. We have a variety of villas with great facilities, nice character and styles, from super modern and fresh to more authentic Algarvian style – all of a great standard!
- Self-catering, or catered for food & drink service
- Shared or private rooms, variety of sizes from twin en-suites to 6 bed dorm type bedrooms
- Nice social spaces such as sun terraces by the pool, sunny gardens and cosy living rooms
- Great for BBQ parties, times chilling out together, yoga at the villa and more
- We can bring team meetings, parties and small events to you at the villa
- By the beach, quiet in nature, or closer to the bars and restaurants in Sagres or Lagos areas
- Wi-fi and the expected essentials facilities included
Small to large group sizes
Private dorms & exclusive hires
Modern & clean
Hostels are a great option for a cost effective, quality and social team getaway in sunny Algarve. We have a few great options perfect for a range of team sizes. Locations include being near the popular surf beaches of Arrifana and Sagres to a few cool options in Lagos town close to all the bars, restaurants, marina and beaches the sea side town has to offer, a great option for those seeking a bit more nightlife on the doorstep.
- Cool, beachy vibes in modern, clean hostels
- Range of bedrooms from bunk bed dorms, to double / twin en-suites available at our hostels
- Swimming pools
- Sun terraces
- Spaces we can deliver small conferences for groups up to approx. 40 – 50 people
- BBQ nights and parties
- Wi-fi and the expected essentials facilities included
Events, Meetings & Parties
Full Events Service
Parties, AGMs & More
If you would like to add any type of event or party to your corporate retreat in Algarve, then we are happy to plan and deliver that for you. As well as the travel & adventures side of the business we are also experienced events planners. So, from poolside parties, and beach conferences to the more conventional AGM’s in modern meeting spaces – we have you covered!
- Conferences, meetings and events for teams from 6 people up to 500+
- Create the perfect space to escape the office and get creative, come up with new strategies and products
- Modern meeting and co-working spaces available
- Parties, awards and celebrations
- Branding, printing and other event services
- Guest speakers and event MCs
- Live music from Portuguese Fado to DJ’s
- Full hospitality & catering
Beach Day Events
Ultimate Beach Vibes
Multiple Team Activities
Food, Drinks & Events
If you fancy the ultimate day at the beach in Algarve with nice summer vibes, then we can make that happen, however big or small you want to make it. From large team events with catering and even small conference facilities, down to some beach games with a picnic!
- Beach yoga and other wellness and relaxation available
- Beachy event set-up perfect for unique meetings with sand between the toes. We can bring key elements like tents for some shade, audio speakers + mics, your branded deckchairs, you name it!
- Catering and drinks for the day, from cocktails to soft drinks
- Activities for the day, from surfing and paddleboarding to beach volleyball
Big Wave Surfer, Andrew Cotton
Adventurer, Maria Leijerstam
Plus More Options
A good story can motivate us all with a fresh new perspective. Seeing how other mere mortals tackle extraordinary situations and how they manage stress through strong mindsets and dedication is something we can all be inspired by! We work with a range of awesome speakers, such as Red Bull’s Andrew Cotton or Guinness World Record Holder and Adventure Racer Maria Leijerstam, who both have fantastic stories to tell! Whether you are keen adventurers or completely the opposite, what you learn from the likes of Maria and Andrew will supercharge you with their mindset tips & tricks and inspiration that you can transfer into your day to day work and lives. Our speakers will provide your team with a unique and personal experience that will ignite a motivational spark that works perfectly with our other team-building activities for the complete adventure!
- Be inspired by Andrew Cotton, a Red Bull sponsored big wave surfer famous for riding monster waves of over 80 feet and overcoming major injury setbacks to achieve his ultimate goal! Experience how this world-class athlete manages his mindset and the demands big wave riding has on him both mentally and physically. Andrew also provides specialist practical workshops developing mindset and breathwork techniques that helps control stressors and fears in pressure situations. Andrew has had great success with both his talks (including Tedx Talks) and practical workshops online and offline, helping sporting brands such as Exeter Chiefs and Arsenal FC. A unique and awesome experience for any industry with transferrable information your team can implement into their day-to-day lives.
- Guinness world record holder Maria Leijerstam is a multi-adventure racer and has taken on some of the world’s toughest challenges. Her stand out achievements include being the first person to cycle solo to the South Pole, as well as completing the Marathon Des Sables which involves tackling 6 consecutive marathons over several days in 47 degree heat! Maria stills competes and also runs adventure races in the UK as well as providing unique motivational speeches for corporate teams. Her motivational drive and stories from her adventures will provide a truly fascinating addition to your corporate retreat event, whether that’s online or offline.
- We also have a variety of speakers available at different budgets
- Combine with other outdoor adventures take take it from theory into real life situations working on targeted areas for perfect well-rounded experience. Amazing for pushing boundaries, combating fears and developing stronger team mindsets
- Also available as a stand alone event option
Beach & Nature Cleans
Beach & Country Cleans
As much time as you can commit!
Great for your CSR
Here at Big Blue Adventures we love our planet and see first hand the horrible effects pollution and littering has on our natural playgrounds. We all have a big part to play in protecting our planet and adding a team beach clean is a great thing to do first of all, but also a fantastic CSR initiative for your team. Do mention this on your quote form if you like the idea of adding this and thank you for thinking about the planet – she needs it!
Hosted Team Building Adventures
With any of our Big Blue adventures we always aim for a personal customer service (Travel & Hospitality Award winners for ‘excellence in customer service’) and have a friendly face there to welcome you to your corporate retreat in West Algarve & Lagos. We are on hand to host the key parts of your retreat so you can sit back and relax, we’ll do the organising for you and bring some good vibes too!
Local Transfers & Airport Transfers
If you need transport from your accommodation to our activities then we can arrange that for you, in fact it is usually expected on a group trip like a team building event. We have mini-busses and coaches available for groups of all sizes. We’ll usually include airport transfers as part of your package unless requested otherwise. Our mini-busses are also available for evening out returns to Lagos and various day-trips to surrounding areas.
Meals & Drinks
You can choose between Bed & Breakfast, half board or all-inclusive for your team building trip in Algarve. We can also add extras like a drinks-reception package, packed-lunch and BBQ nights. Just add it to your ‘get quote’ options and we will get that included in your team building package!
Pictures & Highlights Video
On our hosted team building adventures we take our GoPro cameras and shoot some great pictures & videos. We’ll send these to you afterwards and even edit a personal highlights video for your team, the best way to remember your corporate trip in West Algarve & Lagos!
Team Building Extras
There are lots of extras we can add to your team building trip in Portugal, including local wine tastings and help with restaurant reservations & private event spaces. If you have any ideas, or would like more info on the extras we can provide, feel free to ask us on the get quote page.
Why Adventure With Us…
We work as one big team with our local activity providers, making sure that together we offer a high quality experience for teams. Each activity has been tried & tested, and personally chosen by us.
Hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-200+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your team building needs.
Quality Team Time
Our corporate retreats provide a fun environment to reconnect offline! Nature, adventure and good vibes create the perfect setting to bounce fresh ideas around and to catch up on important team talks.