Team Building West Algarve & Lagos
Active corporate retreats & outdoor team building events in West Algarve with watersports, wellness and exploring!
West Algarve offers picturesque secluded beaches, a rugged coastline, historical seas-side villages and Lagos; a buzzing harbour town. If you’re after an active corporate retreat in Portugal with reliable sunny weather, quality accommodation, a range of fun outdoor activities and wellness, then Algarve on the south-west coast of Portugal will tick all of the boxes!
Why not stay in your own exclusive hostel in Praia da Arrifana on the Costa Vicentina, overlooking the beach with some of the best swell for a private group surf-lesson, or opt for more luxury in a modern seaside hotel or villa in the Lagos area. These are just some of the accommodation options we offer for team building in West Algarve & Lagos! Picture starting your day with a relaxing beach yoga session, exploring sea caves on a paddleboard and finishing the day with a BBQ on board of a private sailing trip around the famous Grottos. Our Lagos corporate retreats are available as multi-night packages, day tours, or just book your activities only if you wish.
Big Blue Adventures offers quality team building in West Algarve and Lagos, combining group-friendly accommodation such as villas & hotels, with a range of outdoor activities & experiences. Local transfers, food & drinks and your important meetings & events are also part of our service. We tailor everything to your team’s needs, pulling in our expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver the perfect team building getaway in West Algarve. Make sure to check out the extras tab for more ideas and contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today.
Aljezur & Lagos areas
Large team sizes welcome
Beginner to advanced lessons
Who doesn’t love the idea of having fun in surf in the beautiful Portuguese seas? Algarve is not only blessed with around 300 days of sunshine, but it is also one awesome surf destination with a variety of breaks perfect for a fun outdoor team building activity. A popular option for our retreats here for good reason!
- 1/2 day lessons, double surf session days, or let’s building you a corporate surf camp retreat!
- Lessons last for typically 2-3 hours with around 1.5 hours water time
- Experienced local team, professional licensed instructors with a fun vibe – we want you to catch waves!
- Surf boards and wetsuits included
- Goes well with a beach yoga session
- Why not add-on a mountain biking activity or a coastal hike with sunset wine and treats?
- Looking for some team competition? Why not make a surf competition? Contact us for some fun ideas!
Sailing & Boat Trips
Private Catamaran Tours
Small to Large Boats
How about team bonding on a large catamaran boat with a cold drink in hand after enjoying some fun in the Algarve sea? Our sailing tours are the perfect addition to any corporate retreat in west Algarve. The coastline here is so beautiful, and taking it all in on a private boat tour with your comrades offers a fantastic experience together.
- Variety of catamaran sizes holding from 8 people up to 80
- Food & drinks available on board incl. alcohol
- Stop for swimming and water games + some SUP
- Take in the picturesque Algarve grottos and coastline
- Speedboat RHIB tours available
- 1/2 day tours morning or afternoon from Lagos
The Beautiful Rota Vicentina
Sunset Finish With Wine and Food
Quality 1/2 Day or Full day Tours
The Rota Vicentina provides a world-class hiking route that starts in Alentenjo and follows this stunning coastline all the way down to Lagos. We tend to stick with the Fisherman’s Trail, known as one of the world’s best coastal hiking routes. Our local guides have great knowledge on the land, as well as a vast knowledge on nature and hiking / orienteering in general. A great activity option for any team seeking to embrace this amazing landscape on foot.
- Guided 1/2 day or full day tours
- Add on lunch and / or wine with a picnic dinner over sunset views to enjoying a drink under the stars
- world-class hiking route with educational pointers along the way
- Moderate fitness suggestible at least
- Hiking shoes and kit not supplied – guests need to bring
- If you want to just add a short hike around an activity or event time, we can also do some ad hoc sightseeing over a more full on, guided hike
Exploring & Tours
Beaches & Country
Soak Up Algarve Culture
Cute Towns & Villages
Why not add on a tailor-made tour with us to fit around the itinerary, or enjoy it as a stand alone activity? We can make our tours to suit what your team fancies, lasting anything from a quick two hour stop off taking the scenic route home after a surf, to a full day exploring this amazing region. Especially handy if you don’t quite fancy a full hiking activity, just a quick stop off here and there soaking up the sights of Algarve.
- Food and drink stops from wine tasting to a sunset picnic with amazing views
- Explore cute old Algarvian towns and fishing villages
- Coastal exploring and beach time
- Mountains and forests
- Private bus tours
- Fits well with a 1/2 day activity – such as sailing in Lagos followed by sightseeing for the afternoon
Sagres and Lagos areas
Fun hit of adventure
Push some limits
Coasteering is one of our most popular outdoor team building activities. Scramble, swim and take on fun jumps while exploring the beautiful Algarve coastline. Our coasteering here is supported by an “adventure for all” supportive environment, perfect for pushing some boundaries, while doing something a bit different.
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment (bring a pair of old trainers & boardshorts)
- Our coasteering adventures last between 3-4 hours incl. kitting up
- Includes a transfer from your accommodation
- Why not add on a lunch stop and exploring, or a surf lesson after the coasteer?
Mountain Biking & Cycling Tours
Mountain Tours – Monchique
Algarve is not only a watersports and beach haven, it also offers really epic on-land activity options such as mountain biking. Our tours are set-up with the typical team in mind, offering something for everyone from the less adventurous to those who crave some adrenaline. Take on the coastal routes or let us take you inland with stunning views from up high in Monchique. A great team building activity option!
- Regular mountain-biking, E-biking or Hybrids available
- Coast, forests, scenic villages and mountains
- 1/2 day or full day guided tours
- Beginner friendly
Yoga & Wellness
Massage & Relaxation
With around 300 days of sunshine a year, stunning nature and sandy beaches – this is the perfect destination for some team yoga and feel good wellness. Whether you are complete beginners or experienced yogis – adding yoga and wellness on a team retreat is a great way to go. They go hand in hand with outdoor activities for the developing amazing vibes and improving mental health. Whether you fancy just a beach yoga session around a surf lesson, or a more targeted programme of wellness – we can factor that in to suit your goals.
- Yoga practice for beginners to more experienced yogis
- Meditation sessions
- Available at the beach, in nature or at the accommodation
- Massage and body therapy to realign the bodies from office based or physically demanding jobs
- Pick up and learn new practices you can take home with you for an improved team / office vibe – ask us about follow up sessions over zoom or a take-home programme to follow
SUP Tours & Team Games
Looking for a great way to be active and enjoy the coast, but taking things a bit easier with some zen time? Paddleboarsding offers just that. Glide your way across the Algarve seas taking in this breathtaking scenery on your own private team SUP tour. We can also add on some fun team elements!
- Accessible and easy to pick up with large SUP boards
- Enjoy stunning cave systems and the Algarve coastline or we can do a gentle river SUP near Aljezur
- Sessions incl. experienced instructor & needed equipment
- Team races and fun elements optional
- Why not add on a beach yoga session to partner your SUP experience?
Min. 6 Participants
Paintballing is one of those crowd-pleasing activities that offers something more lighthearted to a team building retreat. Who doesn’t enjoy shooting up their mates and colleagues over a fun game of paintballing? A great way to spend the morning or afternoon that provides a little variety of the other outdoor activities.
- All kit supplied
- Private sessions for teams
- Team v team competitive fun
- Near to Lagos city
- 1/2 day activity
Fun Interactive Sessions
Office Teams to Sports Clubs
Get your sweat on with us as part of an active team building retreat in Algarve. We have something for all fitness goals – whether you’re an office based team wanting to be whipped into shape, or a sports team seeking a training bootcamp with a specialist personal trainer. Works nicely combined with outdoor activities and wellness. Tailor-made to suit your goals and current fitness levels.
- Workout on stunning beaches or at the accommodation
- Flexible programmes to suit various trip budgets
- Specialist, experienced trainers
- Good team bonding activity
- Post retreat follow ups and programmes to take home can be included
Events, Meetings & Parties
Full Events Service
Parties, AGMs & More
If you would like to add any type of event or party to your corporate retreat in Algarve, then we are happy to plan and deliver that for you. As well as the travel & adventures side of the business we are also experienced events planners. So, from poolside parties, beach conferences to the more conventional AGM’s in modern meeting spaces – we have you covered!
- Conferences, meetings and events for teams from 6 people up to 500+ – whatever your need is we can help!
- Create the perfect space to escape the office and get creative, come up with new strategies and products
- Modern meeting and co-working spaces available
- Parties, awards and celebrations
- Branding, printing and other event services
- Guest speakers and event MCs
- Live music from Fado to DJ’s
- Full hospitality & catering
Coaching & Workshops
Mindset & Motivation
Motivational Talks & Workshops
Enhance Key Business Skills
We work with a network of modern business coaches & motivational speakers who can be added to your corporate retreat with us in Lisbon. With an array of key business areas we can work we have something for all teams. If you haven’t got as far as to what you want to work on yet, don’t worry that is fine – we can arrange a retreat chat and get a tailor-made package set up for you.
- Professional, fun and modern coaching sessions
- Motivational presentations and talks to practical workshops
- Work on key areas such as communications, trust, mindset, overcoming fears & mind blockers to being moved by a motivational speaker
Beach & Nature Cleans
Beach & Country Cleans
As much time as you can commit!
Great for your CSR
Here at Big Blue Adventures we love our planet and see first hand the horrible effects pollution and littering has on our natural playgrounds. We all have a big part to play in protecting our planet and adding a team beach clean is a great thing to do first of all, but also a fantastic CSR initiative for your team. Do mention this on your quote form if you like the idea of adding this and thank you for thinking about the planet – she needs it!
Lagos, Sagres & Aljezur
All group sizes
Modern with good facilities
If you would like that extra level of comfort you only find in a hotel, then we have some fantastic options for your team building retreat. Ranging from 3* to 5* hotels to suit most budgets, complete with great features such as outdoor pools and wellness centres and set in fantastic locations across west Algarve.
- 3* to 5* hotels
- From twin room, private doubles to executive suites
- En-suite rooms with all the modern touches and features you’d expect from a quality hotel
- On-site pools, gyms. fitness and wellness centres, sports pitches, sun terraces and other nice features
- We can run meetings and party events at the hotels
- Bars and restaurants on-site at most of our hotel options
- Variety of locations from hotels by the beach / sea, in peaceful nature away from it all to central Lagos town
Small to medium sized groups
Locations across west Algarve
For teams who want that feeling of togetherness, with more privacy and enhanced social vibes – an exclusive villa hire is a great option for you. We have a variety of villas with great facilities, nice character and styles from super modern and fresh, to more authentic Algarvian style – all of a great standard!
- Self-catering, or catered for food & drink service
- Shared or private rooms, variety of sizes from twin ensuites to 6 bed dorm type bedrooms
- Nice social spaces from sun terraces by the pool, sunny gardens to cosy living rooms
- Great for BBQ parties, times chilling out together, yoga at the villa and more
- We can bring team meetings, parties and small events to you at the villa
- By the beach, quiet in nature, or closer to the bars and restaurants in Sagres or Lagos areas
- Wi-fi and the expected essentials facilities included
Small to large group sizes
Private dorms & exclusive hires
Modern & clean
Hostels are a great option for a cost effective, quality and social team getaway with us in sunny Algarve. We have a few great options perfect for a range of team sizes. Locations include being near popular surf beach Arrifana, being in Sagres to a few cool options in Lagos town close to all the bars, restaurants, marina and beaches for those seeking a bit more nightlife on the doorstep.
- Cool, beachy vibes in modern, clean hostels only
- Range of bedrooms from bunk bed dorms, to double / twin en-suites available at our hostels
- Swimming pools
- Sun terraces
- Spaces we can deliver small conferences for groups up to approx 40 – 50 people
- BBQ nights and parties
- Wi-fi and the expected essentials facilities included
Why Adventure With Us…
We settled on the coasteering package in the Algarve, and it turned out to be the perfect choice.
We were met by Nuno and the team, who picked all 16 of us up on time at our hotel (they even brought us pastel de natas!) Right from the start, they ensured everything we needed was sorted. The coasteering activity was awesome and the guys leading it were extremely helpful, professional and fun. The lunch that was provided was perfect for after the activities, and the restaurant setting of Benagil was fantastic! Nuno even brought us for and unexpected hike and tour around a local cove.
Big blue adventures made the whole experience easy for us, and ensured we had the best possible time during our short stay in Portugal! The team loved it, and I will definitely be booking again for next year!read more