Corporate Retreats & Team Building Activities in Portugal
Join us for the ultimate corporate retreat in beautiful Portugal with outdoor activities, wellness & quality team time
Are you in charge of delivering your company’s next important team building event? Well do not worry, Big Blue Adventures is here to help make it perfect! Portugal as a team building destination in Europe is awesome; we literally have it all here. Whether you want to enjoy the charming streets of Lisbon, the sun-kissed coasts of Algarve, or dive into the sub-tropical natural paradise of Madeira, we have an array of company retreats in Portugal to suit any team open to doing something a bit different. Enjoying quality time ‘offline’ together, away from the office and your computers is a fantastic way to refresh enthusiasm and camaraderie. With fun outdoor activities from surfing and coasteering to cycling tours, health & wellness options and topped off with world-class events facilities, Portugal is perfect for team building trips and corporate retreats! If you haven’t decided about the destination for your next team building trip, you might also like our team building Wales options.
Big Blue Adventures offers quality corporate retreats across Portugal and the UK, combining group friendly accommodation from villas & hotels and a range of activities & experiences, to covering the essentials like local travel, food & drink and even your important offsite meetings & parties. We make everything tailor-made for you, pulling in our expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver 5* rated team building trips. No job is too big or too small for us; we are here 7 days a week to support you and make organising your next corporate retreat a stress free project. Check out the extras tab for more ideas and contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today.
"If happiness is the goal, and it should be, then adventure should be a top priority!" Richard Branson
Lisbon Region incl. Cascais
Excellent Event Facilities
Global Travel Connections
City & Outdoor Activities
As European city company retreat destinations go, Lisbon is a strong contender for the #1 spot! The city and region has it all. From the postcard perfect cobbled streets of Lisbon city and the classy urban beach town of Cascais, to the “Caribbean of Portugal” coastline in the Arrabida National Park – we have very exciting options across the region for your team! Big Blue offers top quality events, co-working and meeting facilities, along with crowd favourite activities such as surfing, sailing, coasteering and Tuk Tuk tours. Add on the bustling food & drink scene here in Lisbon and you have the right ingredients for a world-class, fun team get together. Accommodation of course comes with all the options you could wish for, including surfy & modern villas, 5* hotels and boutique hostels. For more info please visit our Team Building Lisbon & Cascais page.
Team Building Activities Lisbon:
- SUP (paddleboarding)
- SUP Yoga
- Beach yoga, indoor yoga and other wellness options
- Sea Kayaking
- Yacht & catamaran sailing tours
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain biking
- Cycling tours coast, Lisbon city and Sintra
- Quad biking
- Team building challenges such as peddy paper
- Tuk Tuk Tours in Lisbon or Sintra
- Dolphin watching boat tour (Sesimbra)
- 4 x 4 coast and wine tour in the Arrabida
- Sightseeing bus tours tailor-made with our local crew and private for your team
- Wine tasting
- Benfica or Sporting Lisbon stadium tours
West Algarve & Lagos
Beaches & Nature
Good connections to Faro
Country & City Options
If you are seeking a beach haven retreat with your team, soaking up some sun and detoxing in nature. Catching up on those important team talks or just enjoying quality time together by the sea – then west Algarve is a perfect team building destination for you! Lagos is a nice small coastal city with very Algarvian characteristics and is famous for its beautiful beaches & coastline. Lagos also has plenty of great bars, restaurants and nightlife for extra team bonding, along with a nice choice of group accommodation. Near to Lagos we have the Costa Vicentina coastline from Sagres up to Aljezur, which is all about surf vibes, rugged beautiful beaches and rural tourism. Our locations here combine nicely for day trips where we can run a variety of outdoor team building activities such as paddleboarding, hiking and catamaran boat tours. It is also the perfect place to join us for an office detox on a wellness retreat with options in peaceful nature. For more info please visit our Team Building Algarve & Lagos page.
Team Building Activities Algarve:
- SUP (paddleboarding)
- Mountain Biking (coast and mountain ranges from Monchique)
- Hiking (stunning Rota Vicentina Coast Path)
- Yoga and wellness
- Sunset hike with wine and picnic
- Boat tours – variety of boats, fun add-ons like water games and can add in food & drinks, even makes a cool meeting spot!
- Quad Biking Tour
- Sea kayaking tour
Sub-tropical Stunning Nature
Major global connections
Adventure & Wellness
How about taking your team on a trip to the Hawaii of Europe? Madeira is the world’s leading island destination with lush sub-tropical nature, mountain peaks at nearly 2000m and dramatic coastlines, perfect for an active team building event. We have something for everyone here, from breath-taking hikes, to surfing and world-class canyoning – not to forget exploring and Poncha (popular local drink)! We can also cover all your team building event needs with excellent meetings & events facilities available across our locations on the island. With a warm climate all year round, Madeira is the ideal destination whether you are seeking a team adventure or need an important annual conference in Europe, with a hit of world-class nature. For more info please visit our Corporate Retreats & Team Building Madeira page.
Team Building Activities Madeira:
- Hiking (famous Levadas, coastal areas and stunning mountain landscapes)
- 4 x 4 Jeep tours
- Mountain biking
- Boat tours
- Yoga & wellness
- Sea kayaking
- Rock climbing
- Team building challenges such as peddy paper, 4 x 4 orienteering challenges & more
- Tailor-made sightseeing tours with stops at places such as the natural swimming pools, local rum factories, viewing platforms or trying the famous Carro de Cesto (basket toboggan ride) in Funchal.
Team Building Activities
We have a special love for watersports, so it’s no surprise that coasteering, surfing and paddleboarding are some of our most popular team building activities. Whether you fancy pushing some boundaries on an adventurous activity or if you just want learn some new skills and give the team a chance to bond, we offer a large variety of team building activities in Portugal. From mountain-biking and hiking to canyoning and sailing, there is something to suit every team! To find out more about what activities we offer, just click on the specific team building locations.
Health & Wellness
Yoga & Relaxation
Mindset & Team Development
The perfect partner to feeling re-energised by being active and having fun in the outdoors is feeling enlightened through wellness. Combining elements such as beach yoga with surfing, being motivated by a guest speaker’s story on mindset, or a group meditation that you can implement into your office routine are just a few ways we can treat your team to the complete active wellness retreat.
- Learn from motivational guest speakers with a focus on overcoming fears, pushing our boundaries in life and working on mindset, mental and physical health
- Mind nourishing workshops: finding the perfect balance in body and mind through nutrition sessions and cooking classes. Includes the option to tweak your office eating habits for a more focused, healthy & energised team!
- Yoga lessons for all levels, both in nature, at the accommodation or indoor studios. Includes the option for a ‘yoga for the office’ focus that you can all implement back at home
- Meditation & mindfulness sessions
- Massage and relaxing holistic treatments
- Workshops to overcome life blockers such as mindset, low confidence and fear
- Communication, team trust and key personal skills workshops
We can either add these elements onto your team building event or we can run a pure wellness focused retreat with that sole focus. It is all tailor-made, so please do contact us to find out more and get a no-obligation quote.
Accommodation, Food & Travel
Variety of Team Accommodation
Transfers & Travel
Food & Drinks
We are here to make your life super easy by taking care of as much of those travel essentials as you wish. Our network of options includes quality group accommodation, food & drink options to meet the style of your event and the local travel you need. We know that these elements play a crucial role in the overall experience you have with Big Blue Adventures in Portugal, so we only include tried & tested options that enhance your time with us. We have something for every team out there and everything if tailor-made, so why not contact us today for a no-obligation quote.
- Team Building accommodation perfect for groups. From private beachy villas, exclusive use of a boutique hostel or choose a 3*-5* hotel
- Private bus transfers both locally and from your base across Europe available
- Although we aren’t ATOL protected, as a collective service with our partners who are with ATOL we can take care of group flights to Portugal
- We know that food & drink is at the heart of quality socialising and is also the needed fuel for adventure – so we go the extra mile in ensuring we tick the right boxes with convenience, culture, taste and healthy energy to keep you going. From BBQ parties on a boat and tasty packed lunches on the go to a fine dining dinner party with Portuguese wine – we have you covered!
Events, Parties & Co-working
Offsite Meetings & Parties
Full Events Service
Guest Speakers & More
In addition to our love for group adventure travel, we are also an experienced events team – here to take care of whatever event you need. Supported by our amazing network of suppliers and close partners, we can add on events of all shapes and sizes, providing that convenient one-stop shop of events and company retreat. So, whether you are planning a large 400 person conference with offsite activities, a fun incentives retreat with adventure and parties, or a getaway reconnecting the team and some health & wellness – all our packages are tailor-made to suit your group, so do contact us to get a no-obligation quote or call us for a friendly chat today.
- Events of any size: 6 people strategic workshop up to 1000+ people conference
- Motivational guest speakers with a story from epic adventures in life. Great for events and more personal skills workshops
- Event services including staging, sound & lighting, film & media crews, comperes & much more
- Branding, signage and printing
- Delegate and staff accommodation
- Food & drink
- Event logistics
- Event staffing
- Delegate travel – both local, domestic and overseas
Why Adventure With Us…
We work as one big team with our local activity providers, making sure that together we offer a high quality experience for teams. Each activity has been tried & tested, and personally chosen by us.
Hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-200+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your team building needs.
Quality Team Time
Our corporate retreats provide a fun environment to reconnect offline! Nature, adventure and good vibes create the perfect setting to bounce fresh ideas around and to catch up on important team talks.
Why We Love This…
“Trying new outdoor adventures in a country like Portugal is always fun, but it’s a lot nicer to share the experience with a group of like-minded colleagues. Seeing a team come together whilst pushing their boundaries, is why we love doing what we do. My personal favourite team building activities in Portugal are coasteering with zipline, surfing and hiking.”
Heleen – Co-Owner