Outdoor Team Building North Wales
Tailor-made Team Building In North Wales Built Around Our Love For Outdoor Adventure, Nature & Good Vibes
Looking for the ultimate in outdoor corporate team building in the UK? North Wales is one of Europe’s best adventure playgrounds offering world-class, fun team building activities across Snowdonia & Anglesey. From the rugged mountains to the coast and from pristine lakes to cosy alpinesque villages, this part of Wales offers a great variety for any type of corporate retreat.
Stay in your own log-cabins, cosy cottage or luxury hotel and start your morning by taking on the famous ziplines at ZipWorld, followed by a relaxing paddleboarding lesson on a scenic mountain lake or hike up to the summit of Snowdon. We’ll take you exploring to the Llyn Peninsula, the famous lighthouse of Ynys Llanddwyn on Anglesey or the Italian-like village Portmeirion. Ending the day with a delicious dinner in Betws-y-Coed or Beddgelert. That’s just one team building example in North Wales, but there are many more outdoor activities and experiences to choose from!
Big Blue Adventures offers quality team building activities and corporate retreats across Wales & Portugal, combining group-friendly accommodation such as lodges & hotels, with a range of outdoor activities, tours & experiences. We also cover local transfers, food & drink, wellness and your important meetings and events. Everything is tailor-made to suit your team’s needs, pulling in our expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver the perfect team building trip in North Wales. When you’re ready, please contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today.
"If happiness is the goal, and it should be, then adventure should be a top priority!" Richard Branson
Push some boundaries
Natural team bonding
Canyoning in Snowdonia is one of our best selling team building activities in North Wales for a few very good reasons. It’s both a testing and flexible adventure activity allowing the brave, and not so brave, to have some fun and push the confidence boundaries in stunning nature. Through supportive cheering and high fives all round, this activity has something for every team seeking that perfect balance between connecting with nature and a hit of adrenaline.
- Experienced canyoning instructors
- All needed equipment (winter wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aids, climbing harnesses etc) included, you just need a pair of old trainers
- Our Canyoning adventures usually last around 4 hours incl. kitting up and walking to the activity zone
- We can take large team building groups
- Various levels and locations for beginners to more advanced adventurers
- Country pubs nearby to add on food stops after the fun
- Perfect for doubling up with other experiences nearby such as paddleboarding, mountain biking or a zipworld activity
Quick rambles to full day hikes
All levels of fitness
Variety of stunning hikes
Snowdonia National Park and north Wales is right up there one of the most stunning places for hiking across the UK and Europe. There is so much variety within a small geographical space. We can take teams on epic mountain hikes like up Snowdon itself, or beautiful coastal hikes from a coastal path stroll on Anglesey to places like Ynys Llanddwyn, or a more challenging hike up Yr Eifl with views over the Llyn Peninsula. Whether you want to add on a small walk amongst a busy itinerary, or set up a specialist hiking getaway with day long rambling with a sunset finish – we can adapt our hiking to suit the team event – and we have a lot of amazing options to do the job!
- Guided hikes with our mountain leaders providing vast local knowledge and a safe pair of hands (or feet) for a great hiking experience
- Guests need to bring own hiking kit and shoes, a suggested kit list can be provided
- Variety of length hikes from a few hours into the itinerary, full days or multi-day expeditions
- Add to the experience with sunrise starts or sunset finishes, map reading and team challenges
- Mountains, coast to forestry trails
- Adapted to all fitness levels
Beginner & intermediate lessons
Crowd pleasing team activity
Anglesey or the Llyn Peninsula
Catching some waves and feeling the energy boost from the power of vitamin-sea is such a good mental health boost for all teams. Surfing has a unique vibe that everyone can enjoy, it’s not all about how many waves you catch and how cool you look on them, it’s about the smiles and sharing the time out there with your friends. Surfing is a real crowd pleaser of a team building activity as it’s beginner friendly, fun and active. You don’t need to be super fit or confident to catch beginner waves either.
- 3 hours approx. per surf lesson, we can run 2 x lesson in one day with a lunch break. Or why not make a surf camp retreat with beach yoga as a fitting extra?
- All kit included: just bring some smiles and a good energy
- Friendly, experienced local coaches who love to see you enjoying yourself and riding waves
- Available in Welsh language if you prefer
- Feeling competitive? We can create a surf competition if we have you for multiple lessons
- Love the planet and hate rubbish on the beaches? We often run beach cleans to ensure we leave only footprints after the surf, let us know if you fancy adding a beach clean to your surf
- We surf in natural waves on the coast, over the surf Snowdonia wave pool – but if you really want to surf there then we can make that happen
Team v team battles
Enjoy some competitive laughs
Different game zones
Unleash the Rambo in you! Either compete against another team of strangers if you have a smaller crew, or take each other on in your own team v team battle. Exciting paintballing activity with a variety of game zones, all set within a natural woodland area in south Snowdonia.
- Experienced instructors
- All needed equipment (overalls, masks, guns, gloves) included, bring some old clothes that can get muddy
- Half-day paintballing activity
- 300 paintballs included
- Evening paintballing sessions available in summer season
- Easy to combine with a quad-biking adventure also on-site
Easy going team fun
Good for all confidence levels
SUP, or Stand Up Paddleboarding, is a fantastic all round team watersport that combines gliding across the lakes or coasts on a large surf type board while propelling yourself forward with a long paddle and sense of balance (don’t worry, we all fall in first time!). Totally beginner friendly and something active and fun for all the fitness and confidence levels within a typical team, making it a real crowd favourite.
- Learn to paddleboard on large buoyant inflatable boards – all kit included
- Learn to SUP skills and tours
- Add in fun team games / races
- We can enhance the distances and vary the locations if we are able to work with your team over multiple days of paddleboarding
- Locations include Snowdonia lakes with mountain views or coastal bays across Anglesey or the Llyn
- 2 -3 hours in length typically
- Partners nicely with yoga as a warm up or cool down activity to add on
Zipline – Velocity 2
Quarry Karts & More
We work with the awesome team at Zipworld offering all their portfolio of exciting adventures across Snowdonia. Zipworld’s activities, including the fastest zipline in the world and crowd favourites like the quarry karts, have helped put north Wales on the world adventure travel map, adding even more spectacular outdoor activity options to the region. A great team building activity addition with us in north Wales.
- Quarry Karts
- Bounce below
- Caverns – ultimate underground adventure
- Forest coaster
- Skyride – giant swing
Epic mountain or coastal spots
Easy paddle and go tours
Safe choice – crowd pleaser!
A fun and relatively easy way to explore and adventure, either on the mountain lakes in Snowdonia, or on some of north Wales’ most beautiful coastal spots like the Menai Straits or Porth Dafarch. An easy activity that suits the variety of fitness and confidence levels in most teams, paddling in buoyant sit on top double or single kayaks.
- Popular team building activity as it has something for everyone – nice way to get close to nature & explore
- Buoyant sit on-tops
- Large variety of kayaking locations we can enjoy
- 3 – 4 hours or full day kayak tours available with scenic lunch stops
- Expert guides, some of the best in the business
100 Acres Of Land
Grizzly 350c/c 4WD quads
Quad-biking through a challenging track situated in a 100 acre forest area in south Snowdonia. Enjoy a 1 hour muddy adventure on Grizzly 350c/c 4WD quad bikes. Great fun for teams!
- Experienced instructors
- 10 people max at a time, but we can take larger groups staggered in various time slots
- Overalls available, but bring clothes that can get muddy
- 1 hour sessions
- Quad-biking is easy to combine with a paintballing activity
- Explore south Snowdonia or Criccieth and the Llyn Peninsula after your quad-biking adventure nearby
Ultimate coastal adventure
Something for everyone
Fun jumps & much more
Coasteering in north Wales includes exploring across the coast while adventuring with a variety of jumps, climbing & scrambling through caves, plus having a general blast in the swells. It’s everything your parents said ‘do not do’ at the beach when you were kids, but now you can do it with our awesome instructors in the safety of being in good experienced hands. It’s all adventure by choice and perfect for all confidence levels in the team. A great team adventure on a scenic coastline – go for it, you may even see some seals out there!
- Expertly guided with all kit included (winter wetsuits all year round, buoyancy aids and helmets)
- Various jump heights from 2m up to 10m – (all optional)
- Have fun n the swells
- Good for pushing confidence boundaries and boosting the feel good vibes!
- Various locations mainly on Anglesey
- Basic level of swimming & a moderate confidence in the water needed at least
Climbing & Abseiling
Fun at the coast or mountains
Push some personal limits
Rock climbing and abseiling is an awesome way to get up-close to nature, have some active fun and enjoy a hit of adrenaline all at once. In a safe environment under the guidance of our expert climbing partners, our climbing sessions will be tailored to your team’s experience and goals. A great way to spend time adventuring with the team, pushing some comfort zones and it’s an activity that everyone can get stuck into without any previous experience needed.
- 1/2 day or full day experiences
- All kit provided: just need outdoors / athletic wear and trainers (a suggested kit list will be sent)
- Experienced climbing instructors
- Lovely scenic climbing areas either in the mountain areas of Snowdon or along the coastline
- Perfect for beginners seeking to push comfort zones while enjoying an active adventure
Scenic Forestry & Mountain Tours
Beginner to advanced
All year round option
Mountain Biking is one of those team building activities that appeals to everyone. Who doesn’t love the feeling of being active and healthy, out there cycling through nature. In Snowdonia we are blessed with great bike park areas and an awesome variety in trails to enjoy. So, we have something for all teams, whether that’s an easy going tour taking in the lovely views, or ramping up the adventure levels on a more advanced trail with downhill sections.
- 3 – 4 hours (1/2 day) or full day tours
- Beginner to advanced routes
- Suitable for a variety of fitness levels
- Tailor-made guided tours
- Bike hire only available
- We can create team challenges adapted to mountain biking if this is something you like the sound of
Exploring & Tours
Explore stunning north Wales
Castles, harbour towns to beaches
North Wales really does have world-class scenery around every corner and while you’re here on your team building retreat, it makes sense to explore this stunning part of the world. We love to take our groups exploring on private tours around the adventures, or even as a stand-alone activity. We have great variety on offer. From one of the most instagrammable spots in Wales at Ynys Llanddwyn Lighthouse, the famous quirky village of Portmeirion, scenic Snowdonia spots like Betws y Coed, to having a pint at Ty Coch – Britain’s Best Pub.
- Tailor-made private tours with transfers
- Fitted in around your activities or include a good hike as part of the exploring fun
- Enjoy an afternoon tea in quirky Snowdonia tea rooms like Ty Hyll
- We can include entrance tickets to tourist attractions such as Caernarfon Castle, Portmeirion Village, Snowdonia Mountain Railway or an Aber Falls Gin Distillery Tour to name a few
- We can add in some pub time as part of a tour if you would like to take the team bonding to another level after the adventures
Villas, Cottages & Lodges
Small & medium sized teams
Nature escapes to village centres
For the teams who want that feeling of togetherness while getting away from it all with enhanced social vibes – staying in one of our exclusive villas, cottages or lodges (bunkhouses) is perfect for you. We have a variety of self-catering options with great facilities, always good quality and cosy throughout the year. Available in a variety of styles, from classic country cottages to modern villas. Either offering an escape into nature, by the coast or in a village / town centre with pubs and restaurants in walking distance.
- Self-catering, or catered for food & drink service available
- Locations across Snowdonia National Park, Anglesey and the Llyn Peninsula
- Options for teams of around 6 or 8, up to 40 to 50 odd people
- Shared and private rooms, variety of sizes from twin / double bed en-suites to larger bunk-bed rooms
- Nice social spaces to hang out together
- We can bring team meetings, workshops and small events to you at some of the accommodations
- Wi-fi and the expected essential facilities included
- We only work with accommodation that meets our high quality standards, even with bunkhouses we avoid the stereotypical damp old buildings for newer, more cosy options
Log-Cabins & Glamping
Stay in nature
Quirky, cosy & comfortable
Small to large group sizes
Looking to do something different and stay somewhere that really leaves a wow-factor? We have some awesome glamping options across Snowdonia and Anglesey that offer teams a fun getaway – perfect for reconnecting offline. All of a high quality and cosy with the essential facilities needed for a good team building trip. And of course, away from it all in really nice, peaceful surroundings.
- Self-catering facilities, or we can provide catered for services
- Safari tent lodges in south Anglesey (no electricity here, but really cosy with eco-powered hot tubs)
- Log-cabins in south Snowdonia (great for all team sizes)
- Safari tent lodges on a slate mountain in Snowdonia
- Eco-lodges and yurts on Anglesey
- Mix of bed layouts, from private double bed rooms, bunk beds, twin rooms
- More social and communal than a hotel or hostel experience
Hotels & Hostels
Great quality with essential facilities
All group sizes
From historic centres to mountain escapes
If you seek something that offers that extra level of comfort on your team retreat, then perhaps one of our hotel or hostel options is best for you. Whether you want to enhance the social vibes with an exclusive hostel take over, or take a your team to relax in a hotel in private en-suites – we have you covered. To name a few, our options range from a cool new hostel in old Caernarfon with a craft beer bar, to hotels in cute mountain towns with a pool & spa, or perhaps a cosy boutique hostel on the mountain sides of Snowdon ticks the box. Something perfect for all teams out there!
- Hotel rooms include as expected, twins or double en-suites to family triple rooms etc
- Hostels include a range of family room suites, bunk bed rooms to twin rooms
- All the modern touches and features you’d expect from a cosy, quality hotel or hostel
- On-site pools, gyms, fitness and wellness centres, balconies / garden terraces with fire pits, restaurants & bars, depending on the hotel / hostel you choose
- We can run meetings and party events at the hotels / hostels
- All accommodation options are located in good spots for activity days out and exploring
- Breakfast included
- Wi-fi and the expected essential facilities included
Why Adventure With Us…
We work as one big team with our local activity providers, making sure that together we offer a high quality experience for teams. Each activity has been tried & tested, and personally chosen by us.
Hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-200+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your team building needs.
Quality Team Time
Our corporate retreats provide a fun environment to reconnect offline! Nature, adventure and good vibes create the perfect setting to bounce fresh ideas around and to catch up on important team talks.
We settled on the coasteering package in the Algarve, and it turned out to be the perfect choice.
We were met by Nuno and the team, who picked all 16 of us up on time at our hotel (they even brought us pastel de natas!) Right from the start, they ensured everything we needed was sorted. The coasteering activity was awesome and the guys leading it were extremely helpful, professional and fun. The lunch that was provided was perfect for after the activities, and the restaurant setting of Benagil was fantastic! Nuno even brought us for and unexpected hike and tour around a local cove.
Big blue adventures made the whole experience easy for us, and ensured we had the best possible time during our short stay in Portugal! The team loved it, and I will definitely be booking again for next year!read more
More Team Building Wales
Why We Love This…
“I love taking teams to North Wales because there are so many awesome activity options with epic exploring to enjoy – it’s a stunning part of the world. There is literally something for everyone here! Either for the super adventurous, or those seeking a more laid back outdoors experience. We are spoiled with great variety within close proximity. You can be hiking in stunning mountains in the morning and then drive to the coast in under an hour for a surf or coasteering session in the afternoon. For me I love staying in quirky glamping, enjoy some mountain biking or canyoning followed by a few drinks around a campfire at night. Good times!”
Daniel – Founder & Co-owner