Team Building Cardiff & Brecon Beacons
Combine city, nature and outdoor activities in Cardiff & Brecon Beacons for your next Team Building UK event
From the revitalised Cardiff Bay up to the stunning waterfalls and mountains in the Brecon Beacons, the capital region of Wales provides a world-class corporate retreat destination with an array of outdoor activities, fun experiences, quality facilities and the nice opportunity to soak up the nature in Brecon Beacons or enjoy the livelier sights of Cardiff city. Our popular team building activities here to name a few include canyoning, hiking to mountain biking in the national park. Or paddleboarding, white water rafting to city tours in Cardiff.
We deliver quality tailor-made team building events in the UK and Portugal, combining a range of activities & experiences to covering the essentials like group accommodation from cottages to hotels, transfers, food & drink and even your important offsite meetings. Check out our options below and do check the extras tab for more ideas. When you’re ready do contact us via the quote button, website chat or call us today – we are always here to help!
"If happiness is the goal, and it should be, then adventure should be a top priority!" Richard Branson
Canyoning / Gorge Walking
Stunning Waterfalls Area
Natural team building
Push the boundaries
Canyoning, or technically gorge walking here, is one of our most popular team building activities in the Cardiff & Brecon Beacons area. It is such a fun adventure that involves sliding with the rapids, jumping into rock pools and climbing behind waterfalls. It’s great for all confidence levels – we promote an “adventure for all” supportive environment perfect for pushing some boundaries and doing something a bit different. It’s a great natural team building activity with everyone supporting each other through the sections – produces a great buzz! An enjoyable ‘ice breaker’ in the stunning Waterfalls Country location.
- Experienced instructors with a great energy and understand the variety of personalities & confidence levels in most teams
- All needed equipment (wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aids) included, you just need a pair of old trainers
- Our Canyoning adventures usually last 3 – 4 hours incl. kitting up
- We can take large team building groups
- Only 45 minutes from central Cardiff +
country pubs nearby to add on food stops
- Perfect for doubling up with other experiences nearby from rock climbing, mountain biking to a whiskey distillery tour
Rock Climbing & Abseiling
Learn To Climb
Outdoors or Indoors
Fun Activity For Developing Trust
Looking for a great way to enjoy some adventure, but to also overcome some boundaries as a team? Rock climbing could be it! Our climbing sessions are fantastic as a team building activity, suitable for all confidence levels and ideal for those teams looking to develop some trust and togetherness as we get colleagues working together. Our rock-climbing locations near to Cardiff include Brecon Beacons, Ogmore or Gower. Enjoy a day in the great outdoors with rugged areas to climb and steep cliffs to abseil down.
- Experienced instructors perfect for managing all levels of adventure confidence within teams
- All needed equipment included (bring waterproofs, warm layers depending on season and good shoes)
- Our rock-climbing adventures usually last between 3 – 4 hours incl. briefing etc
- Looking for a team challenge or charity activity to push the limits? Mention this in your quote enquiry
- Indoor climbing walls also available as a plan b for adverse weather or as a plan a if you fancy that option
- Add some lunch to your climbing day out, there are great pub options
- Great for partnering with activities like Hiking (or sightseeing) or SUP for a double adventure day
Mountain Biking / Cycling Tours
Mountains, Forestry to River Paths
Beginner to Advanced
Cardiff & Brecon Beacons
Mountain biking and cycling tours is a crowd pleasing activity that appeals to most within a team. Whether you’re an adventurous bunch seeking some adrenaline from your tour, or to the opposite of that looking for an easier cycling tour in Cardiff up the scenic River Taff to Castell Coch – we have a nice variety of for all. A great way to get outdoors and active, having fun as a team.
- Guided mountain biking tours with experienced instructors and quality kit included
- 1/2 day or full day tours available
- Cardiff or Brecon Beacons cycling routes
- Adjustable to confidence levels within the group
- Small to large groups
- Perfect for outdoor team building
250cc Honda Quad Bikes
Grass fields, Woodlands & Tracks
Scenic Valleys Views
Between Cardiff & Brecon Beacons you can discover the hills of a working farm on a quad bike. A fun accessible activity that is easy to combine with hiking, canyoning or the assault course. Learn the basic skills of driving a quad bike before going on an exploration through nature.
- Experienced instructors and quality quads
- You will get an overall, but you will need to bring an old pair of trainers and clothes for underneath the overall
- Our Quad Biking experiences are between 1 – 2 hours incl. briefing
Sightseeing & Tours
Food & Drink Tours
Whether you fancy exploring some castles, tasting Welsh wine or getting a feel for how life was working in Welsh mines, we have an array of options to develop tailor-made sightseeing tours across Cardiff, the Brecon Beacons and south east Wales. We can tie your tours to fit around your itinerary of events and activities.
- Explore by bus, foot, boat or bike
- Guided is the main service, or we can create a self-guided tour for you
- From a short stop around activities, to 1/2 day and full day tours available
- Food & Drink tours such as Llanerch Vineyard, Penderyn Whiskey and craft beer brewery tours
- Key tourist attractions from The Principality Stadium, Castell Coch, The Big Pit to Caerleon Roman Fortress & Baths to name a few
Learn To SUP
Fun Games & Tours
Cardiff & Brecon Beacons area
SUP is a fun and easy going way to break the ice with a team. Enjoy gliding across the water and picking up some new watersports skills. After a few wobbly moments it’s reletively easy to pick up. Our coaches are super calm and fantastic at getting our groups up on their feet paddling in style. Once you have the hang of it we can get some more distance in and even add in some fun games & races. If we have more time for the SUP we can double on on the activity time and take teams on nice tours across Cardiff Bay and up to the Millennium Stadium (following the initial beginner session).
- Learn to SUP on large quality inflatable boards – all kit included
- Skills, tours and fun games / races
- If we have more time we can factor in a treasure hunt challenge in teams
- Locations include Penarth Marina, Cardiff Bay and lakes in the Brecon Beacons area
- 2 -3 hours in length – fitting activity to factor in around 1/2 day meetings in Cardiff
- Changing rooms with showers and a cafe at out SUP locations
Mountains to Coastal Hikes
Easy to Challenging
Hiking in Wales is certainly one of those ‘when in Rome’ activities that goes hand in hand with our stunning environment here. In Brecon Beacons we have popular mountain hikes such as Pen y Fan (highest peak in southern UK) to the scenic Waterfalls Country. And even within Cardiff City you have lovely areas for exploring such as following the Taff Trail up to Castell Coch (the fairy tale castle on a hill). For some epic coastal hikes on the famous Wales Coast Path we can venture to the Gower Peninsula or Vale of Glamorgan. With so many stunning hiking trails available we can easily adapt these to suit your team building plan. Whether that’s going for a long day out trekking & doing orienteering challenges, or adding on a scenic few hours of hiking with a sunset finish to unwind after a day in meetings.
- Qualified & experienced mountain guides with local information
- Learn about nature and the history of Wales
- Various routes and length hikes to suit the fitness levels & goals of the team
- Perfect activity for all weather and seasons in Wales
- Guests will need to bring suitable hiking shoes and clothing for the outdoors
- Team building challenges available – orienteering & map-reading can tie in nicely with survival & bushcraft as an add-on
- Sunrise to sunset settings with Welsh treats at the summit
- We can add packed lunches / Welsh themed picnics to make this a slightly more fancy trek
Fun Outdoor Obstacle Course
Protect The Egg!
Great Team Building Challenge
If you like the idea of a competitive team building activity for your retreat then the outdoor obstacle course is a fantastic option. Conveniently located close to Cardiff & Brecon Beacons based in The Valleys on a working farm. Depending on your group size you will either compete against each other or work together as one team to try and beat the high-score. Don’t forget to protect all the eggs inside the army box you need to carry with you over rope-bridges, through tunnels and underneath wooden obstacles. A great laugh and a fantastic way to let yourselves go and work on those core team building skills.
- Experienced instructors
- Helmet included, but you will need to bring old clothes that can get muddy and spares for after
- Our Obstacle Course usually lasts between 2 – 3 hours incl. briefing
- Expect to get wet and muddy!
Grand Prix or Endurance Races
A classic group activity. Perhaps it’s finally the time to see who is really the best driver in the team! Go-karting has always been been one of those crowd-favourites as it’s a very fun accessible activity and almost anyone can join in. We use an outdoor track not too far from Cardiff, where you can choose between Grand Prix or Endurance Races.
- Experienced karting marshals / instructors on one of the best tracks in Wales
- Helmet & Overall provided
- Our Go-Karting races usually last approx. 2 hours
White Water Rafting
Really Good Fun
No Experience Needed
Working in Teams
How about White Water Rafting in Cardiff Bay? A really fun watersport which fittingly involves team-work and is great for all sorts of experience and confidence levels. Paddle down the rapids and enjoy the thrill of rafting for a fun team bonding adventure.
- Experienced instructors & quality kit
- All needed safety and wetsuit equipment to keep you warms perfect for all seasons (just bring swimwear)
- Our rafting activities usually last between 2 – 3 hours incl. kitting up
- Max. 6 pax per raft, larger groups will be split over a few rafts
- Spectators welcome!
- Cafe and warm showers + changing rooms on-site at the activity centre
Easy Going Outdoor Fun
Canoeing or kayaking with us in Brecon Beacons is a nice playful team building activity. Taking in the nice scenery on the canals here, bonding with your colleagues in an easy going setting is perfect for those groups who wish to absorb nature and the outdoors while not pushing the adventure levels so high.
- 2 – 3 people per canoe
- We also have several double kayaks
- Very solid buoyant – peace of mind for anyone scared of falling in
- Beautiful country scenery passing through the canals
- Small to large group sizes
- All kit included (just bring suitable clothing)
- Works nicely with adding on hiking and sightseeing in addition for the complete day out
Fun accessible activity
Indoor wave machine
Looking for something fun indoors yet with the same buzz of an outdoor activity? Try your hand at some bodyboarding at the indoor wave centre in Cardiff Bay. A great way to experience this fun watersport together whilst staying warm indoors, especially handy in the colder months.
- Experienced instructors
- All needed equipment (just bring swimwear)
- Indoor surf usually lasts between 1- 2 hours incl. kitting up
- Spectators welcome!
- Looking for competitive fun? Why not turn this into an indoor surf competition!
Popular Team Fun
Settle Those Office Differences!
Paintballing is a very popular activity with team building groups that stay in Wales. Take your on your own colleagues in a battle or compete together against another team (if you’re in a smaller group) in this exciting outdoor activity! Enjoy a variety of games, such as capture the flag and defend the fort, all set within natural woodland and country fields.
- Family run team building course
- All needed equipment (overalls, masks, guns, gloves) included, bring some old clothes that can get muddy
- Half-day paintballing activity
- 300 paintballs included
- Add- ons available; smoke grenades, body-armour, extra paintballs or a more advanced paintball gun
Indoor or Outdoor Yoga
A Great Team Detox
Yoga is far more than stretching and attempting to touch your toes in style. Yoga is in fact a balanced mind-body practice with energising breathing exercises combined with flowing physical poses that combine perfectly as a great way to combat stress. We have variations of yoga we can adapt to your team building retreat, whether we are going for office relaxation or if we are using the yoga to warm up for a day of adventure. The perfect ingredient for any corporate retreat package, wellness or activity targeted.
- Beginner to advanced sessions
- From indoor at private venues or at your accommodation if feasible, to peaceful yoga outdoors in scenic parkland in Cardiff to nature in the Brecon Beacons
- Typically up to 1 hour per session
- Group friendly for all size teams
- We can run add playful elements to get people working together for certain yoga sessions that it fits nicely with; such as SUP with yoga
- Office targeted yoga with the aim you can take these practices back home with you
- Ask us about adding on an online yoga follow up sessions package post retreat with us so our teacher can take the yoga to your office via Zoom!
Massage & Body Therapy
Mobile treatments for events & retreats
Injury healing & prevention
We work with the fantastic team at Agile Therapy bringing massage and physiotherapy to your team building retreat or event. Whether you are a physical team on the move all day, an office based team with the strain from sitting at the desk, or a sports team needing injury healing or prevention, our guys are on hand to deliver amazing tailor-made therapy & relaxation. We can also explore follow up treatments and work based assessments to prevent further strains and injuries which in return enhances team performance and happiness while also reducing absence. The perfect addition to any adventure and wellness retreat in Wales.
- Seated massage therapy: A form of deep tissue massage, delivered to clients whilst fully clothed and seated upright. A mobile treatment, that presents a wide range of physical and psychological benefits
- Physiotherapy: Suitable for longer retreats of 3/4 days + and for treatment programmes. The treatment of musculoskeletal injuries through a programme of movement and exercise. It can help to manage the pain associated with these types of injuries, rehabilitate the body and prevent them from occurring again
- Chiropractic Services: Chiropractic is a specialist branch of physiotherapy that focuses on treating conditions and injuries that cause pain in the neck and back. Poor posture, desks that have not been set up ergonomically and incorrect lifting techniques are some of the biggest culprits when it comes to workplace injuries that affect the neck and back.Our chiropractor can provide a range of solutions on-site to help ease the pain caused by injuries affecting the spine.
- Can add this as part of your conference event
- Workplace assessments & follow up programmes + treatments available. We can also combine this with yoga / meditation and nutritional wellbeing
Team v Team Competitions
Push the Adventure Levels
Cardiff and Brecon Beacons presents the perfect place for a nice of variety team challenges. Your challenge can be focused around nature, adventure, fitness, culture – you name it. Whether you want to push the boundaries on a multi-night expedition in Brecon Beacons raising funds for a charity, a fun team treasure hunt race across Cardiff or orienteering with bushcraft in the outdoors – the list can be near endless. We have loads of ideas and options to suit your goals.
- Here to help you safely push the limits for exciting team adventures
- Choice of outdoor activities, watersports and experiences
- Tailor-made charity challenges based around adventure and pushing boundaries such as large abseils
- Branding and printing from clothing to event banners
- Make it a surprise survival challenge! Need to know basis as you pass certain levels to the end goal
Mind Nourishing - Nutritional Wellness
Nutritional Therapy For Teams
Good Food – Good Mood
Healthy Eating Workshops
With a busy stressful working life affecting most teams and individuals, we often neglect the value of healthy eating practices in place of a quick fix to keep us going. Mind Nourishing’s mission is to inspire busy people to make small shifts to their everyday meals and mindset to create large changes to their future health and happiness. We can include this very interesting nutritional aspect of wellness to your team building retreat that answers those common questions that affects many of us: Why do I struggle with energy levels?
Why do I feel irritable and unhappy for no real reason? Take back the control of your emotions, improve your energy and get back that ‘oomph’ you’re team may be missing!
- Practical cooking workshops educating your team about new recipes and nutritional values of ingredients that boost moods
- Learn about team boosting good food = good mood dinners lunch breaks and breakfasts to enhance productivity and team happiness
- Have fun cooking together in healthy eating cookery classes
- Meal planning and nutrition workshops
- Talk to us about a follow up programme, taking new info and practices back home with you after your retreat
- Tailor-made nutritional wellness to fit your retreat event
- We bring the workshop to you, limited travel required if at all
- Delivered by Laura Bryan a registered Nutritional Therapist (mBANT, CNHC, Msc) “I truly believe that everyone should have the knowledge and opportunity to feel as happy and healthy as possible!”
Events, Meetings & Parties
Full Events Service
Conferences, Meetings & Parties
If your retreat aim is to use the time away for a conference or other type of business event then we are conveniently also experienced events managers with a great network behind us. Whatever your event requirement is, we can make that happen in addition to any activities & wellness elements. Cardiff & south Wales has world-class events facilities for a range of group sizes. Do mention this in your quote enquiry if you are also needing to add in some events time.
- Conferences, meetings and events for teams from 6 people up to 500+ – whatever your need is we can help!
- Create the perfect space to escape the office and get creative, come up with new strategies and products
- Co-working space options
- Parties, awards and celebrations
- Branding, printing and other event services
- Guest speakers and event MCs
- Live music
- Full hospitality & catering
Beach & Nature Cleans
Beach & Country Cleans
As much time as you can commit!
Great for your team CSR
Here at Big Blue Adventures we love our planet and see first hand the horrible effects pollution and littering has on our natural playgrounds. We all have a big part to play in protecting our planet and adding a team beach clean or clean up on a river / in the countryside is a great thing to do first of all, but also a fantastic CSR initiative. Do mention this on your quote for or when you talk with us and thank you for thinking about the planet – she needs it!
Learn To Meditate
Manage Stress Levels
Produces A Stronger Mindset
Meditation is a key stress reliever, it allows us to look at life in a clearer, calmer way and approach situations with more balance – which is only a positive thing for business and your team. Key businessmen and women practice meditation to improve their day to day and business lives to great affect. Adding meditation practices to your retreat with us will open up new doors to a happier and more effective team.
- From beginner learn to meditate courses or singular sessions to more advanced practices
- Perfect to fit into a busier itinerary of activities and events
- Between 10 / 15 minutes up to an hour
- Guided mediation sessions or we can set up a self-guided meditation zone as your wish
- Practice in nature, at your accommodation or in a private event space – totally flexible
- Develop practices to take home with you: focus on meditation to start the working day so you can either practice at home or collectively in the office to start the day, or run as a lunchtime exercise
- We can add-in follow up meetings via Zoom or locally depending on your location, even running live meditation via zoom to get you set up in your new office meditation sessions
- So many amazing benefits for business life; improved decision making, calmer reactions in stressful situations, more energy and understanding, proactively fight stress and improves creativity. Imagine a team flowing on high charge with all of these benefits?
Mindset & Motivation
Motivational Talks & Workshops
Enhance Key Business Skills
We work with a network of modern business coaches & motivational speakers who can be added to your corporate retreat with us in Cardiff and the Brecon Beacons. With an array of key business areas we can work on and discuss, our workshops are a fitting addition to the programme of events and activities with us. If you haven’t got as far as to what you want to work on yet, don’t worry that is fine – we can arrange a pre-retreat chat and get a tailor-made package set up with the time we have with your team.
- Professional, fun and modern minded coaching sessions
- Motivational presentations and talks to practical workshops
- Work on key areas such as communications, trust, mindset, overcoming fears & mind blockers to being moved by a motivational speaker
Team Building Package Options
Multi-night or Single Day Trips
Travel, Food & Drink
5* Customer Service + Hosts
Everything we create is 100% tailor-made for you using our local network of partners and suppliers for the perfect team trip. We take pride in our award winning personal customer service and will be there from your enquiry through to hosting & delivering your team building event. When you’re ready, please feel free to request a quote or call us for a chat any time.
- Local and national travel & transfers (group flights can be booked via our partners, ask us about that if you would like that included)
- Food & drinks to suit your team building retreat. From self-catering packages, to fully catered retreats, we will even bring you the tastiest Welshcakes in town!
- Multi-night packages with accommodation, or choose just a day trip / activity only sales if you wish
- Local team and suppliers – aiming to support independent local companies
- Small enough to care and big enough to cope!
- Flexible and approachable team building and retreat service here to support you 7 days a week
- Green travel is the goal! As well as conducting beach & nature cleans, we also work with the awesome team at Mossy Earth who run tree planting and rewilding projects in the UK and across the world. As a business we plant monthly trees to offset our footprint, but also each team building group has 1 tree at least planted in their name with the option to buy and plant more! Do contact us for more info when you get a quote or call
- We always aim to work with local suppliers only and make the extra efforts to limit plastic use on our trips plus we recycle and think sustainably
St Davids 5* Hotel
Small & Large Groups
If you really like the idea of combining modern luxury hotel facilities with the calmness of bay water views for your team offsite then staying with us at Cardiff’s 5* St Davids hotel would be a sound decision. You’d be based in a great location for teams, with the options for your events, activities, exploring and fun team bonding times over nice food & drinks right on your doorstep. Only 10 minutes from Cardiff Central station and with easy access from the M4 making this a very accessible team building destination for those seeking the the higher levels of style & comfort.
- Hotel spa with a wellness centre, pool and gym
- On-site eclectic restaurant and bar with water views, outdoor terrace and a fantastic bar selling cocktails with local Welsh produce
- Meetings and event rooms on-site perfect for all types of events (we can cater for your events management requirements)
- Twin en-suites and private double en-suites between standard and superior levels
- Range of high quality hotel suites
- Sustainably driven hotel with a focus on recycling and lowering their plastic and water usage
Cardiff Bay Villa
Fits 20-22 pax
This quirky house in the heart of Cardiff Bay is made for large groups and is perfectly located near bars & restaurants. Cardiff’s city centre is also in easy reach; a 25-min walk or a 5 min taxi ride away. The villa is split over 3 floors and rooms are made up of single beds, regular bunk-beds and triple bunks.
- TV with Sky Sports
- Large social space
- Comes with a small games room
- Free wi-fi
- No parking allocated. Short stay street parking and a multi storey parking 2 mins away. Villa is in easy reach of public transport, why not take the train or bus to Cardiff?
- Add on self-catering extras such as breakfast, dinner & drinks
Fits 14 – 20pax
Llandaff is on the outskirts of Cardiff’s city centre and is just a short taxi ride or bus ride away. You can also walk and cycle following the river trail through the scenic Bute Park and Pontcanna fields making the most of Cardiff’s Next Bike scheme. The sought after village is very quaint and historic with its famous cathedral and comes with nice local pubs and restaurants. The Llandaff Townhouse is actually a former famous sweet shop where Cardiff born Roald Dahl would be known to enjoy his sugar fix. The property is very homely and is perfect for medium sized team building groups.
- A variety of rooms (doubles, singles, sofa beds & a bunk bed)
- In the heart of Llandaff village with pubs, cafes, shops and restaurants
- Can fit up to 3 cars in private parking, with more pay & display parking just around the corner in the village
- Comes with small living room, large kitchen area & sun-room
- Free wi-fi.
- Add on a self-catering package with breakfast and / or dinner with drinks
Bute Park Townhouse
Fits 14-20 people
Self-catering team building accommodation in a renovated private townhouse located on the edge of award winning Bute Park. Just a 10 minutes stroll from Cardiff’s city centre, this modern house is split over 3 floors and can fit up to 20 pax on a shared basis or 14 on an individual bed basis. It comes with everything you need for a comfortable and more social team building experience staying in the Welsh capital.
- Central location perfect for those seeking more social life in their team offsite
- Mix between single beds, regular bunks and triple bunks.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- 3 bathrooms
- Pool-table and lounge with large flatscreen TV and full SKY TV
- Free wi-fi and 3 to 4 free parking spaces
- Add on catering extras such as a self-catering breakfast & drinks reception
Park Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel 3*
Small to Large Groups
A modern chain hotel with 146 rooms in a fantastic central city centre location. Perfect for both small, medium and large corporate groups visiting Cardiff. Conveniently team building groups can benefit from the on-site meetings and events rooms, nice bar with terrace and restaurant plus enjoy being in the heart of the city and all it has to offer. A sound choice for those seeking comfortable private or twin rooms at a good 3* hotel standard in the area.
- Al fresco dining & drinks on the terrace at RBG Bar & Grill (we can cater for group parties and BBQ nights)
- Event spaces and meetings rooms for a variety of group sizes
- Variety of double / twin en-suite bedrooms with power rain shower, hairdryer and free toiletries
- Superior rooms & suites
- All rooms have a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi access and your necessary hotel features such as safety box, tea / coffee making facilities etc.
- Car-parking garage @ £20 per night
Cardiff City Hostel
Fits 6 – 40pax
Our Cardiff city centre hostel has a great location on the banks of the River Taff with premium Principality Stadium views and only a 5 min walk into the centre but still far enough to have a good night’s sleep. The hostel is specialised in groups, it’s very welcoming and a great accommodation choice for those teams seeking a more lively and social atmosphere.
It has a popular (craft beer) bar with plenty of local beers to try out and has regular live-music events with local talent on show.
- A continental breakfast is included
- Choose between private en-suite rooms or private bunk rooms with shared bathroom
- Comes with a communal kitchen and lounge area, food is also served at the bar – try the delicious pizzas!
- Outside patio overlooking the river and stadium
- Free wi-fi
- Secure (paid) parking available.
- Well stocked bar with pool table
Cardiff Sleeperz Hotel
Small & Large Groups
The Cardiff City Centre Sleeprz Hotel is a great choice for those teams wanting central Cardiff accommodation, within a stones throw away from the bars, restaurants and other facilities on offer here. While being just a minutes walk from the station you will get a quite nights rest with quality soundproofed rooms.
- Modern hotel with essential facilities; incl. lounge & bar area
- Choose between double or twin rooms
- Pod-style bunk en-suite bathrooms
- A buffet breakfast is included (continental & cooked)
- Free wi-fi
- No events facilities on-site but we have external options for co-working and events close by
Small to Large Groups
The Cardiff YHA accommodation is not your typical YHA hostel as it is in fact a former city hotel. Combine that with it being especially set up for groups, centrally located and with a bar & meeting rooms on-site makes it a great cost effective quality option for a company retreat. Set just on on the outskirts of the city centre just a 10 minute walk to the bars & shops etc, with good public transport connections and access from the M4 link roads.
- All rooms are en-suite and come with a mix of singles, doubles and bunk-beds
- Licensed bar
- A cooked breakfast is included in addition to your usual continental items
- Free parking on-site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Meetings and events rooms
- Hostel with hotel feel
Park Plaza 4* Hotel
Large and small groups
A fantastic 4* hotel perfectly located within central Cardiff city offering amazing facilities for those teams seeking a touch of higher quality for their stay. Complete with a variety of meetings & events rooms, a state of the art wellness and fitness centre with indoor pool as well as the well recommended Laguna Kitchen and Bar. A very sound choice for a corporate team looking to combine luxury with wellness and outdoor activities.
- Laguna health & wellness centre with 8 treatment rooms for massage and a range of ESPA treatments
- 2 floor gym
- UV indoor heated 20-metre indoor pool
- Meetings and events rooms for a variety of group sizes
- Venue hire available of Moroccan themed Kuku club perfect for teams seeking a private party in a stylish city centre venue
- Bar & restaurant with terrace seating and a fantastic stock of drinks and well made cocktails
- 129 stylish en-suite rooms all with free Wi-Fi and the necessary hotel features such as flatscreen TV, a mini-bar, air-conditioning, tea/coffee maker etc.
Brecon Beacons Cottage
Fits up to 11 people
A very cosy, traditional country cottage set in the heart of Brecon Beacons that is the perfect choice come sun, rain or snow. We can accommodate small teams of up to 11 looking for a hit of countryside and nature here. If you are a larger groups you can also book this cottage along with the Brecon Beacons Bunkhouse which is just a 2 minutes walk away. Newly renovated building with quality modern touches combined with everything you’d want for the typical country cottage escape.
- Sleeps up to 11 on individual beds
- Full self-catering kitchen. Why not add on a catering package with us including breakfast and/or a dinner + drinks?
- Living room with log fire and dining room table
- Hiking trails & mountain biking available from the cottage, other awesome team building activities close by
- Perfect garden area for a BBQ night and some drinks with your colleagues
- Hotel & Spa close by with a restaurant and pub on-site
Brecon Beacons Bunkhouse
Sleeps 26 people
The bunkhouse here is of a high quality, cosy, homely and inline with the ‘modern meets country’ standards of the Brecon Beacons cottage, which you can also book in conjunction with this bunkhouse. It has everything you need for a fantastic and comfortable stay here in south Wales with nice social aspects to this style accommodation – so it ticks the ice breaker box for a team building retreat!
- Only a 1 – 2 hours walk from the bunkhouse garden to Pen y Fan
- Newly renovated
- Full self-catering kitchen with open plan living room and dining area complete with an overhead projector
- On-site car-parking with plenty of space
- Rooms are a mix of 3 x dorm bunk bed rooms, a twin and a double bed room
- Detached log burner ‘living room’ just a hop across from the main bunkhouse
- Garden area with picnic benches and BBQ
Glasbury on Wye Bunkhouse + B&B
Sleeps 14 – 26
Set on a very scenic stretch of the River Wye close by to the popular quaint town of Hay on Wye, the ‘posh’ bunkhouse and B&B here is a great team building destination for those seeking time in the outdoors. While it is not in the Brecon Beacons itself you are still within easy reach for day trips adventuring there in addition to fun activities more on our doorstep here from canoeing, hiking to mountain biking.
- Modern bunkhouse with 14 beds, very chilled open plan living room and self-catering kitchen dinner with a log fire pit, large TV and the very cool feature of slide. That’s right, an adult size slide to get you downstairs!
- Additional B&B rooms across the yard joined onto the licensed cafe & bar with indoor and outdoor terrace seating offering zen views of the river
- Linen and towels included
- Relaxed area perfect for activities by day and some easy going fun times at night
What group sizes can you take?
We are specialists in group travel for all sorts of team sizes, from 6 people up to 400+, with no real cap on what we can do for an event. We do of course have safety ratios with our activities and are limited on participants per session, but as a collective event there is a lot we can cover to keep your team happy and on the go. Do contact us to discuss your needs and we will go the extra miles to make sure your team event is epic!
What about the variety of confidence and fitness abilities in our team?
This is super common within teams, to have a variety of ages, confidence and fitness abilities. We work hard to meet everyone’s needs, keeping it all balanced and feel the best moments a team can have is when they push some fun boundaries together, so we do like to get everyone in the mix as much as possible. Safety is of course paramount and we consider everyone’s abilities and do factor these into the package itinerary. We have a range of activities and they are all largely very flexible, for example with canyoning all sections are ‘adventure by choice’, so with certain guests if they aren’t comfortable they can skip a jump section. Best thing to do is let us know about the concerns in your team and we will ensure there is a nice variety of activities and there’s a balance to the package to keep everyone happy.
Some people in our team don't want to do one or some of the activities, what can we do?
This does happen of course, especially in teams. We do love for all people to push themselves and try something different. If it’s fear that’s blocking these individuals, or a worry of fitness levels, we are always happy to have a friendly and supportive chat to help put them at ease. It can after all be daunting doing something out of the ordinary, like a watersport if you have never tried that before. But the results are always of pure joy and pride, and it unites teams in a unique way – so it is worth finding that courage and get involved.
If there is no way they can participate then of course that is fine. We typically find them a suitable alternative activity or experience to run alongside the main activity, then we can rendezvous after that session as a group. And if doing a multi-activity team building retreat then we can ensure there is a nice balance to the package where the whole team at stages are involved together as a crew.
Some people in the group can't swim, what can we do about that?
We typically find those guests unable to swim a more suitable activity, such as a dry based activity like a hike or climbing etc, or even a watersport that is low risk; such as a kayaking tour with all the necessary buoyancy kit on. Most, if not all, of the activities are beginner friendly and we work to safe ratios of instructor to guests, plus you have the luxury of us as your hosts on top – so it is a great environment for some people to overcome some fears of the water, if they are up to that. Do let us know when you enquire about any individuals with this concern and we will factor this into the package options.
We are complete beginners to watersports / wellness / outdoor activities - is that ok?
Absolutely – everything is tailor-made to suit you! We regularly provide team activities where most if not all of the crew are beginners at the activities or wellness. It’s great to do something different and new, and we are happy to be here to enjoy that with you.
How do we pay and secure our booking?
Once you’ve made contact and received your tailor-made quote and wish to secure your trip, you simply just need to let us know. From there we will send you an invoice to obtain a non-refundable deposit, which is usually 30% but that can vary depending on the complexity of the package. The deposit secures everything and blocks that dates off. There is then nothing to pay until your final balance deadline which is usually 6 – 8 weeks for a multi-night package, or 3 weeks for an activity, or day only sale no accommodation.
Payments are paid via bank transfer into our secure PTS Trust Account that complies with UK Package Travel Regulations for that added peace of mind. We can on request take credit or debit card payments over the phone.
We are here to make your life easy as easy as we can, any issues or questions you may have in regards to your payments do just give us a call on +447985368956.
How much will it cost?
Everything is 100% tailor-made for you! So, we can create a Big Blue Adventure to suit specific budgets and what you would like to include for the perfect team getaway. The more activities and package elements you include, the more that package will cost. It also depends on your final numbers of people attending in the group, generally larger groups have a cheaper per person rate over smaller groups as there are more people to split the core package costs between. Best thing to do is request a quote – it costs you nothing to start the ball rolling and say hello, we can send a great package your way from there.
Can you include flights? And other travel?
We can cover everything from the moment you step foot on a Big Blue Adventure. That includes transfers from the airport, to your activities, nightclubs, sightseeing – you name it! We can also help with any transfers from your business to the retreat destination, be that across the UK or across Europe should you wish to avoid flying and use a bus, train or ferry.
While Big Blue Adventures are not ATOL protected we have teamed up with a fantastic group we work closely with to provide flights. So, collectively we can get a quote your way and offer you group flights for your team trip. We can help with all group sizes and it can save you a big admin project. When you are ready, do ask us about adding flights and travel to your team adventure.
Are meals and drinks included?
Of course, keeping you all well fed during your time on a Big Blue Adventure is vital to the experience. Typically we cover breakfast, lunch and dinner + a suitable amount of drinks along the way. It’s not just about energy levels though, as we like to connect guests to local culture and include good social times through tasty food and some drinks. That can be a BBQ on a boat, unique sunset picnic, to a nice sit down dinner party for the team.
If you have vegans, vegetarians, halal or any other dietary requirements that’s absolutely fine. We work hard to team up with the right catering teams & venues to cater for the variety we find in modern teams.
Like all elements it is bespoke and we will meet your style, budget and needs.
Are pictures and video included?
What better way to capture those special team moments than having us there as your very own media crew? We will be there like proud hosts with pictures and a personalised highlights video included in our hosted trips. We get a real buzz from putting together the highlights and sharing them with you after the trip. We are also happy to include any of your branding if you wish, so do chat with us about that.
Do we have to include adventure and outdoor activities? We only want to do a sightseeing tour / a wellness activity etc only.
While we have a big love for watersports and outdoor activities, we also equally enjoy seeing our guests enjoy our other experiences. Be that a wellness retreat, food and drink tour – you name it – we are here to look after you whatever you want. Use the page options as your menu and when ready do get in contact for a quote and we will work on that to ensure you have the perfect package.
Can you just help us with events management, perhaps some co-working space and travel? (MICE & DMC)
At Big Blue Adventures we are also experienced in events management for a range of events and more than happy to help you with any projects you have. You can look at us as your MICE / DMC provider and cover your:
- Events & workshops
Can you help sports teams and clubs?
Yes of course, we love to help sports teams with certain team bonding events, a pre-season tour to any other team trip you have in mind. Think of Big Blue Adventures as your friendly go-to for all your sports team trip needs, here to help as much as you want:
- Accommodation to suit your requirements including gyms, good catering etc
- Travel and private transport
- Events management: from meeting spaces for team talks, to parties and awards
- Motivational speakers and workshops
- Hospitality: meals and drinks
- Arranging local games and tours
- Sightseeing and tours
- Help booking training facilities and private spaces
Why Adventure With Us…
Team Building Activities
We work as one big team with our local activity providers, making sure that together we offer a high quality experience. Perfect for team bonding, wellness & fun incentive events to put big smiles on the faces of your hard working crew!
Events & Travel
Our handpicked destinations offer quality corporate travel & events options. From a variety of group accommodation, good travel links, meetings & events facilities to catering. Combined with good times for the perfect team getaway.
Specialists in team building for group numbers between 6 up to 200+ people – you name it! With our award winning customer service we are here to take the stress off your hands and deliver a trip you’ll remember for many years!
Quality Team Time
Our corporate retreats provide a motivational environment away from the daily hustle. Combine nature, good vibes and fun adventure for the perfect setting to bounce fresh business ideas and catch up on those important team talks.
We settled on the coasteering package in the Algarve, and it turned out to be the perfect choice.
We were met by Nuno and the team, who picked all 16 of us up on time at our hotel (they even brought us pastel de natas!) Right from the start, they ensured everything we needed was sorted. The coasteering activity was awesome and the guys leading it were extremely helpful, professional and fun. The lunch that was provided was perfect for after the activities, and the restaurant setting of Benagil was fantastic! Nuno even brought us for and unexpected hike and tour around a local cove.
Big blue adventures made the whole experience easy for us, and ensured we had the best possible time during our short stay in Portugal! The team loved it, and I will definitely be booking again for next year!read more
Other Team Building Destinations
Why We Love This…
“The region of Cardiff & Brecon Beacons is a perfect combo of city and nature. I love the fact we can take groups to Brecon Beacons from the city within 40 odd minutes and then benefit from all the facilities Cardiff has. Or, for groups wanting to escape the busy city life then Brecon Beacons offers that nature & adventure detox. An awesome place for team building with my favourite activity being canyoning!”
Daniel – Co-Owner