Sea Kayaking Tours Wales
Explore the epic Welsh coastline on our sea kayaking tours and microadventures in Pembrokeshire & north Wales
Sea kayaking is one of the oldest forms of paddling and a great way to explore the coastline while really connecting with the elements and nature. Our sea kayaking tours are tailored for your experience level and what you want to achieve from the session. Whether that is a relaxed fun paddle visiting caves & secluded beaches, or a more challenging kayak on an overnight adventure. We run 1/2 or full day kayak tours as well as microadventures across Pembrokeshire and north Wales in the UK.
Big Blue Adventures specialises in group adventure travel including a range of outdoor activities, adventure day tours or multi-night breaks across Wales and Portugal. So, whether you just need to the book your sea-kayaking activity only, a fun day out or multi-activity holiday – we have you covered. Please contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today – we are ready to help!
Kayaking Pembrokeshire (Sit On-Top)
Great for all group sizes
North & South Pembrokeshire
Easy to paddle & go
Join us on a sea kayaking 1/2 day or full day tour exploring the stunning Pembrokeshire coastline on our popular sit on-top tours. Adaptable tours perfect for all size groups with no experience needed to join in. Playful, easy way to get out there an enjoy this amazing part of the UK. Available for groups in the north around St Davids, or those staying nearer towards Tenby in the south of the county.
- Single and double sit on-top kayaks
- Minimum age is 8 years (height depending)
- Choose a 1/2 day private tour or go for a full day experience for the ultimate in coastal exploration with lunch on a secluded beach. Local fresh lobster or crab rolls anyone?
- We can add-on ad-hoc coasteering and snorkelling
- All kit included
Pembrokeshire Overnight Microadventure
Stunning coastline & nature
Beach wild camping
Big on adventure and easy on time. Our over-night kayaking microadventure is perfect for those looking to explore further, push some boundaries, connect with nature and get a unique adventure fix on this beautiful, rugged Welsh coast. All while under the guidance of our superstar team.
- Beginner friendly: we will have to take you out in a bay to master some essential skills first
- Perfect for all intermediate and experienced kayakers
- Quality kit included: we mainly use single sit-in sea kayaks for the expedition
- Friendly sea kayak guides (level 4s and 5s with over 50 years experience between them)
- Wild-camping under the stars on a secluded beach (we can also add-on local accommodation for other connecting nights)
- Foraging and eating fresh seafood, cooking on a campfire and switching off the the world under the stars
- Add-hoc swimming, snorkelling and coasteering can be included
- Bespoke tour to match your goals and abilities, plus the conditions
- Food, drink & treats included with a focus on local produce
- Guests need to bring a sleeping bag and other essentials. Kit list sent upon request.
- Perfect for small groups up to 16approx people
- Can add in challenges and teach guests to manage the conditions & develop map reading to plot your own course
Kayaking Pembrokeshire (Sit In)
More technical tours
Beginner to advanced
If you’re seeking to push your kayaking experience further than the sit on-tops, explore more of the epic coast, get a bigger adventure hit and really connect to the elements, then this could be the kayak option for you! Suitable for all skill levels, typically those with kayaking experience, but we can take fit & confident beginners following some sheltered bay skills development.
- Single sit-in sea kayaks
- Full day tours or try our overnight adventures available in north and south Pembrokeshire
- All kit included
- Quality sessions with friendly very experienced guides – you’re in good hands! (level 4 and 5 kayak instructors)
- Develop your sea kayaking skills
- Learn to kayak in the surf or tidal races, safety capsize drills, develop your knowledge of the sea, map reading and conditions
- Better for smaller groups, we can go up to about 16 people maximum
- We can include lunch on the tour from packed lunches to picking up fresh local lobster and enjoying time on a secluded beach
Kayaking North Wales (Sit On-Top)
Great for big groups
Anglesey, Llyn and Snowdonia
Easy to paddle & go
Sea kayaking is a fantastic way to explore this big beautiful coastline around north Wales. By sit on-top kayak we can cover some nice distances, taking in some iconic spots from the turquoise waters of Anglesey, the famous Menai Straits, dramatic Llyn Peninsula and even enjoying mountain landscapes on a lake kayak in Snowdonia. A fun, accessible way to get out on an adventure in epic north Wales.
- Fun for all abilities, especially handy for beginners
- Many epic paddles available in north Wales – do contact us to discuss for the options
- Great for a variety of group sizes
- Minimum age 8 (depending on heights)
- Single and double kayaks
- 1/2 day or full day tours
- All kit provided
- Add on lunch for a full day tour
Kayaking Activity Only
Kayaking activity only
No transfers or extras
Turn up and adventure!
Just looking to book your sea kayaking activity with us only? That’s no issue at all. Our instructor’s will meet you at the activity location with all the kit and we can head off on a fun kayaking adventure. Prices are dependant on group numbers, location and type of kayaking tour – so please contact us through the website chat, get a quote or call us today!
Kayaking Full Day Tour
Transfers & extras
Food & drinks
Pics & a highlights video
Our most popular option with Sea Kayaking on Wales is a hosted day tour. We take the stress off your hands and bring the good vibes and extra touches to complete the adventure experience. With a door to door transfer service, optional inclusion of lunch / dinner to suit your budget and our team there to capture the moments with a load of great pictures and a personal highlights video for you. The perfect day out!
- Clean private minibuses up to large coaches for transfers
- We can include a pub lunch or dinner with drinks to suit your budget and style. Packed lunches also available for full day kayaks or double activity days
- Less stress having us there to host and coordinate the day
- Pictures and video with a highlights video
- Competitions for ‘Adventurer of the Day’ where the winner get’s a cool prize
- Add in extra sight-seeing, or why not double up on the adventures with an extra activity after sea kayaking such as coasteering? Or sightseeing extra like a brewery or whiskey distillery tour? Ask us for more info on this.
Kayaking & other activities
Other travel essentials & extras
At Big Blue Adventures we are specialists in package adventure travel for groups and provide tailor-made getaways with sea kayaking at the heart of your trip! Whether you want a weekend break on a stag or hen do, an active team building retreat or a large family holiday in Wales – we offer adventure travel with an award winning service and quality package options.
- Kayaking with various routes and tours to fill your getaway, or mix it up with a range of other outdoor adventures
- Cultural sightseeing and exploring including hiking, gin & brewery tours, visiting castles & historic sites and much more
- Range of group accommodation from cottages, modern hostels to private villas
- Food & drink
- Us! Your friendly local host team there to deliver the key moments
- Pics & highlights video
- Great for stag & hen weekends, company retreats, kids camps, media & press trips, families and more!
Are pictures and video included?
Photos and video are typically included in the day tour, microadventures and multi-night trips only, but we can on request try and include pictures in the activity only. It does depend on our instructors.
How much will my sea kayaking tour cost?
Unfortunately that depends on many factors. They are all tailor-made tours and the cost does depend on:
– How many people are in your group
– Location of the kayak
– Whether it’s a 1/2 day, full day or microadventure or multi-night tour
– Time of year can also have a factor
It really doesn’t take long for us to reply so either get a quote or contact us on the group chat today!
How can we pay for the adventure?
To book your Big Blue Adventure we take a small 30% non-refundable deposit to start and take the remaining 70% either 3 weeks before if it’s a day tour or activity sale, or 6 weeks before for any overnight packages.
If you are booking closer to the adventure date and within the 3 weeks or 6 weeks final balance deadline then we will require full payment upfront.
We mostly accept an easy bank transfer from the group leader, but on request we can easily set up a debit or credit card payment over the phone.
Are meals & drinks included?
We can include all your catering needs depending on the tour – it is tailor-made for your group! That varies from breakfast on the beach after the overnight microadventure, to a packed lunch during a full day kayak tour or pub dinner after a 1/2 day kayak. It all depends on what type of meal you want, how much budget you have and the itinerary. We work with some amazing local establishments and try to get our groups to connect to the culture through good food and good times.
We can also just factor in time during the tour to make a food stop and you can buy your own. It is flexible but we will cover this in our quote proposal to you.
What do we need to bring?
The kit you need to bring depends on the kayak. For 1/2 day and full day kayaks your essentials include:
- A pair of old spare trainers or wetsuit boots is fine for kayaking
- Swimwear or spare underwear for under the wetsuit. Try and avoid boardies as anything baggy can be very uncomfortable under a wetsuit
- A towel (ponchos are also provided on day or multinight tours)
- Water (please try and avoid throw away single use plastic!)
- Any medication you need to keep on you, such as an asthma pump or EpiPen etc
All the essential kit is included; The kayaks, paddles, spray decks (sit in kayaks), cags and any other essentials kit suitable for the seasons, wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aids and any gear your kayaking tour requires.
On the overnight microadventure we also include either a bivvy bag, small tent or build a shelter depending on the customer group and goals of the adventure. Guests will need a sleeping bag.
We can supply dry bags for core kit such as sleeping bags and clothes or food, but we suggest buying and testing out your own to keep any precious items such as phones etc dry while out on the water.
What group sizes do you take?
Typically it is 5 or 6+ people for our adventures but it varies more on on the microadventures and sit in kayak tours. Please do contact us for a chat and explain what your perfect adventure looks like and we can help in some capacity for sure!
Do I need to be able to swim?
While we don’t expect you to be at an Olympic swimmer standard, you do need to have a small confidence in the water at least. As a rough marker you should be able to swim a length of the pool unaided, in a style you feel ok with non-stop, even with your head above water. You will have flotation devices and safety gear on with our experienced guides to help you, so don’t worry if you aren’t the strongest swimmer or the most confident. We just need to ensure you will react accordingly and be safe in the event you capsize or go for a swim!
Can I go kayaking all year round?
Yes for those who fancy it a winter or low-season kayak is of course possible. We have winter kit to keep you warm and you can have some beautiful adventures even in colder months. It’s just during winter we are limited to low daylight hours and more at the mercy of the weather gods with storms and harsher conditions affecting plans. So, for a winter kayak we suggest having some flexibility with some plan b dates in mind.
Why Adventure With Us…
Our Big Blue destinations offer great group accommodation options, good travel links, quality facilities and world-class adventures. We spend a lot of time at our locations and know what works well for groups.
Specialists in hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-100+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your crew.
The best way to remember your kayaking adventures in Wales? A highlights video that captures all the best moments of your adventure. Video & pictures are included in all of our day or multi-night packages.
We enjoyed it so much I decided to organise my brothers stag do through them as well. The whole weekend was perfectly organised from start to finish.
Everything was sorted for us. From our activities coasteering and sea kayaking to our food/drinks and a brewery tour. It was so good being able to switch off and enjoy our weekend knowing Big Blue had taken care of everything.
I couldn’t recommend Big Blue Adventures highly enough and can’t wait for my next adventure with them!read more
More Activities In Wales
Why We Love This…
“Sea kayaking offers so much freedom on the Welsh coast. I just love paddling distances over the swells to new areas, stopping on remote beaches and getting so close to nature and feeling the elements. It’s a cool outdoor experience!”
Founder & Co-owner