Team Building Lisbon & Cascais Portugal
Reconnect with your team in Lisbon on a tailor-made company retreat with outdoor activities, wellness & events
Are you looking for the perfect outdoor team building event with great weather, activities and culture to explore? Our corporate events in Lisbon have it all! The Lisbon region offers a perfect range of team building activities, watersports, sightseeing, pretty beaches and event facilities.
The coastal suburbs of Cascais & Estoril and the peaceful Arrabida Natural Park provide quality beach vibes for your company retreat, they are awesome locations with fantastic options on your doorstep, plus you benefit from having Lisbon city close by for a day trip. The city itself also offers a good variety of team-building activities and exploring, so whether you opt for a beach stay or a city stay, they’re equally great for a your team’s off-site experience!
Picture fun social days away from Zoom, enjoying a surf lesson, exploring & sightseeing in Lisbon and finishing a day with your teammates on a yacht sailing tour with sunset drinks and a BBQ. Just one example of our many experiences we can offer our guests here in Portugal. Available as multi-night packages, day tours, or just book your activities only if you wish!
Big Blue Adventures offers quality company retreats, combining group-friendly accommodation such as villas & hotels with a range of outdoor activities & experiences, wellness, the travel essentials like local transfers, food & drink – to your important meetings and events. We tailor make everything to your team’s needs, pulling in our expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver the perfect team building getaway in Lisbon. Make sure to check out the extras tab for more ideas and contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today.
Ziplines & Abseils
Range of Fun Jumps
Stunning Arrabida Coastline
One of our most popular outdoor team building activities in the Lisbon area is coasteering. Discover the “Caribbean of Portugal” in the Arrabida Natural Park whilst swimming, jumping, ziplining and abseiling your way across the coastline. Our coasteering here is supported by a fun rib-boat ride and the activity is great for all confidence levels as we promote an “adventure for all” supportive environment perfect for pushing some boundaries, while doing something really fun and a bit different.
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment (bring a pair of old trainers & boardshorts)
- Our coasteering adventures last between 3-4 hours incl. kitting up
- Includes a transfer to the natural park (1 hour drive from Cascais & slightly less from Lisbon)
- Add a two / three course lunch or dinner with drinks, or a BBQ party in Sesimbra by the beach to finish off your day!
Sailing / Boat Tours
Team Regatta Races
Sailing Tours Lisbon
Popular Sunset + BBQ Tour
What better way to take in the Lisbon sights than sailing across the scenic coast on your own private boat tour? We have a variety of yachts perfect for a variety of tours and for the competitive teams out there we can also run a fun regatta race. A quality sailing experience perfect for enjoying this iconic coastline.
- Yachts and catamarans for a variety of group sizes, plenty of boats to cater for larger teams
- Regatta races
- Sail from Lisbon, Belem or Cascais
- Food and drinks available onboard for tours
- Enjoy our sunset tour with a BBQ and drinks, the perfect ending to a day in Lisbon
- For an extra touch of adventure and luxury, our overnight sailing tours to the beautiful Arrabida coastline with a private chef and captain provide an unforgettable Lisbon experience. Add on our watersports, outdoor activities and sightseeing options in the area
Tuk Tuk Tour
Lisbon City + Belem
Food & Drink Stops
If you’re after an activity that get’s you exploring, but doesn’t involve you jumping in the water or being too active, then our Tuk Tuk Tours are a great option for some easy team building fun. Our tours are tailor-made, so if you fancy a food & drinks tour we can do that with really nice stops across the city, or we can even include Benfica football stadium tours to name a few. The Tuk Tuks are a fun way to explore Lisbon’s highlights in a short time.
- Tuk Tuks fit up to 6 people, we can add as many as you need for your group size even up to 100+!
- Most tours are between 2-4 hours incl. food stops but we can do longer if needed
- English speaking local drivers / guides
- Available as a fun way to transfer guests from accommodation to a conference, or tie in with an activity
- Available to add on with entry to tourist attraction, just let us know what interests your team may have; art, sports, culture, food etc etc.
- Feeling competitive? Why not add this in as part of a peddy paper / team building orienteering challenge?
Scenic Coastal Location
Push The Limits
If you’re after an adrenaline hit in the great outdoors while pushing some fear boundaries but want to stay dry, then our rock-climbing sessions in the Arrabida Natural Park are a great option for your retreat! Within an easy hour’s drive from Lisbon and complete amazing views of the beautiful coast whilst getting to grips with climbing and abseiling, you are set for a great team building activity!
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment (helmets, ropes, climbing harness)
- Great for small-medium sized groups
- Our rock-climbing adventures usually last between 3-4 hours
- Add a two course lunch incl. drinks at a local beach restaurant in Sesimbra afterwards
- Works great with a 4×4 tour + wine tasting, coasteering, SUP or sea-kayaking in the area
Lagoa de Albufeira
Sit on-top Kayaks
Sea kayaking is a very easy way to get your team out enjoying the water, getting up close to the landscapes and the beautiful waters here south of Lisbon. Most popular is the picturesque coastline on a 1/2 day tour, or we can explore the scenic lake of Lagoa de Albufeira closer to Lisbon.
- 1/2 day or full day sea kayaking tours
- Stop on stunning beaches
- Ask us about adding on snorkelling to your kayak activity
- Feel the elements and enjoy being out on the water on buoyant double sit on-top sea kayaks
- Works well double up with coasteering, the 4 x 4 tour, SUP or rock climbing
Beach Day Events
Ultimate Beach Vibes
Multiple Team Activities
Food, Drinks & Events
If you fancy the ultimate day at the beach for your team, with nice summer vibes, then we can make that happen, however big or small you want to make it. From large events with catering and even small conference facilities, down to some beach games with a picnic!
- Beach yoga and other wellness and relaxation
- Beachy event set-up perfect for unique meetings with sand between the toes. We can bring key elements like tents for some shade, audio speakers + mics, your branded deckchairs, you name it!
- Catering and drinks for the day, from cocktails to soft drinks
- Activities for the day, from kayaking, SUP, snorkelling beach volleyball to boat tours and a banana boat ride!
Beginner to Advanced
Experienced Surf Coaches
Reliable Surf Spots
Portugal is regarded world-wide as a top surf destination and the Lisbon Region provides an absolutely awesome location for a team surf lesson, or surf camp retreat! Hitting the surf here is super easy with our surf spots just a short drive, train ride, cycle or even walk from your Lisbon city or coastal accommodation. A fun team building activity that also ticks the wellness box with the power of feeling healthy in the sea.
- 1/2 day lessons, double surf session days, or go for a multi-day surf camp retreat
- Lessons last for typically 2-3 hours with around 1.5 hours water time
- Experienced, professional licensed instructors with a fun vibe – we want you to catch waves!
- Surf boards and wetsuits included
- Video analyses available for intermediate to advanced surf sessions
- Goes well with a yoga session before or after the surf lesson
- Add-on a boat tour with BBQ, mountain biking or a Tuk Tuk tour for the complete day out
- Looking for some team competition? Why not make a surf competition or add in some beach games?
City & Coast Cycling Tours
Lisbon, Coast & Sintra
Culture, Food & Drinks
E-bikes or Normal Cycling
Our Lisbon cycling tours are always a crowd favourite providing teams with an active and fun way to explore. The tours are largely tailor-made to fit the itinerary and provide a fantastic way to get up close to this amazing city and region. For those interested in saving some energy in the legs, our e-bikes are a quality way to cover the distances.
- Explore Lisbon’s highlights and across the coast to Belem where the famous pasteis de belem can be tasted
- Enjoy the Lisbon coastline around Cascais and Guincho
- Sintra ‘Fairy Tale’ village in the mountains and cycling the coast on a combined tour
- We can add in food and drinks such as lunch or dinner stops, plus extra add-on stops such as a wine tasting experience
- Available for all of group sizes up to 100+
1, 2 Or 3 Hour Sessions
Explore the Cascais’ Coastline
Good easy fun
A really fun way to let loose on your team building trip in the Portuguese countryside is on one of our quad-biking adventures. Our quad-biking locations are at roughly half an hour drive from Lisbon. Choose a standard 1 hour quad-biking session or go on a bit of an exploration on a 3 hour journey soaking up the coast and countryside scenery!
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment (bring a set of old clothes)
- Great for small-medium sized team building groups
- We can include a transfer from your accommodation, or just hop on the train to Cascais!
- Works nicely as a second activity with a surf or SUP nearby in the morning, or accompanying sightseeing in Sintra
Team Challenges & Games
Map Reading Challenges
Team v Team Games
If your team enjoys the sense of discovery, adventure or friendly competition, then we have some great ideas and options to get you working as a crew while having a great time in the process. The Lisbon Region presents so many awesome environments for epic team challenges. Your challenge can be focused around nature,survival & adventure, a fitness or endurance goal, absorbing some culture like on a Peddy Paper orienteering event – you name it. Whether you want to push the boundaries on a multi-night expedition raising funds for a charity, take on a giant abseil, or keep it as easy and fun with a team treasure hunt on the SUPs in Cascais – the list can be near endless. We have loads of ideas and options to suit your goals, however big or small you want to go!
- Here to help you safely push the limits for exciting team adventures
- Tailor-made charity challenges based around adventure and pushing boundaries
- From a 1/2 day experience to full days and multi-night challenges
- We can help with branding and printing. For clothing to event banners etc
- Need some ideas? Just ask! We can even make it a surprise survival challenge for the team! Need to know basis as you pass certain levels to the end goal
Explore Lisbon In A Fun Way
Variety Of Routes
Discover Lisbon’s city centre and surroundings in an eco-friendly way by jumping on an electric scooter! Our local guide can show you some of the best hidden secrets as well as the typical tourist highlights. Variety of tours with different locations and tour durations.
- Local Portuguese English speaking guides
- Tour the Tagus River or Lisbon’s historic centre
- Tailor-made guided tours or self-guided hire available
SUP Lessons & Tours
Games & Races
Enjoy the scenic urban coastline with crystal clear seas of Cascais just 30 minutes from Lisbon, or hit the Sesimbra coast for a really enjoyable paddleboarding experience more into nature. Or, if you want to add some zen we can run a special SUP Yoga activity where you get to enjoy a beginner friendly yoga lesson whilst balancing on a large paddleboard. For the competitive teams out there a SUP race, treasure hunt and some games presents a very fun time out on the water.
- Accessible and easy to pick up with large SUP boards in bay water. A gentle, yet fun activity suitable for most team members
- In Cascais we paddleboard around the nice Marina and towards the Santa Marta Lighthouse enjoying the coastal town’s character
- Sesimbra SUP is more into coastal nature, further from Lisbon around 50minutes by private bus with us and great to combine with another Arrabida activity
- Single lesson or tour lasts around 2 – 3 hours includes beach briefing time
- All of our Stand Up Paddleboarding sessions incl. experienced instructor & needed equipment
- Why not add on a beach yoga session to partner your SUP experience?
Beginner to More Technical
Sintra & Cascais
Arrabida Nature Park
For those seeking to add some adventure to their cycling tour, why not switch it to a team mountain biking session? Feel the buzz of whizzing through stunning nature while also embracing the local architecture and landscapes. Routes are available for complete beginners up to those seeking more technical advanced downhill rides.
- Available in the hills of SIntra, coastline of Guincho and Cascais, plus the stunning coastal Arrabida Natural Park
- Great for beginners to more adventurous teams
- 1/2 day to full day, or multi-day tours
- Add-on food stops and sightseeing as part of the experience
- Works well with other activities like coasteering in Sesimbra or SUP in Cascais
Explore Sintra & The Coast
Bus or Jeeps
Visit Pena Palace + More
Lisbon is an awesome city, but there is so much more to see in this capitol region of Portugal! Jump on the bus, or get picked up by a jeep, and enjoy a tailor-made sightseeing tour of the Sintra Natural Park and visit the famous Pena Palace, Moorish Castle and more. We can also stop off at local scenic beaches likes Guincho and visit the most western point in Europe, Cabo da Roca. We’ll include a stop for lunch or dinner at a very local restaurant and we can make some extra stops if you fancy a drink or two with great views and some authentic vibes.
- Local Portuguese English speaking guides
- We can include your tickets to the palaces/castles and other popular attractions
- Add-on a very local local BBQ lunch with organic wine in the Sintra mountains
- Add-on a classy local wine-tasting experience in the hills
- Enjoy the stunning winding streets and stunning old architecture of Sintra town
- Tailor-made and available in 1/2 day or full day tours
- Why not combine your exploration with a surf or SUP lesson in the area? Or, we can add on a good hike around the sightseeing
4 x 4 Wine Tasting & Nature Tour
Arrabida Natural Park
Scenic Nature & Coast
History & Culture
Explore the stunning Arrabida Natural Park in style on a 4×4 jeep tour for an awesome combo of nature with authentic Portuguese culture and history.
- Perfect as a stand alone experience, or added with a local activity such as coasteering, SUP or kayaking
- Taste local wine + some treats
- Visit a medieval castle
- Soak up the landscape of mountains and coast
- 1/2 day or a full day tour
- Pick up available from Lisbon city
Beginner to super adventurous
1/2 day or full day
Stunning caving experiences
The Arrábida Natural Park has some stunning, world-class natural caving systems made for some adventurous exploration. With a range of routes we can take suitable from easy to more technical and higher adrenaline.
- 1/2 day to full day caving experiences
- Kit included: helmets, harness and head lamps
- Expert local guides
- Various caving routes and levels from easier to advanced adventures
Events, Parties & Co-working
Full Events Service
Parties, AGMs & More
If you would like to add any type of event or staff party to your corporate retreat in Lisbon, then we are happy to plan and deliver that for you. As well as the travel & adventures side of the business we are also experienced events planners. So, from rooftop parties & nights out in Lisbon, to workshops, AGM’s and conferences – whatever you want to include just let us know, we are here to help!
- Conferences, meetings and events for teams from 6 people up to 500+ – whatever your need is we can help!
- Create the perfect space to escape the office and get creative, come up with new strategies and products
- Modern meeting and co-working spaces available in both Lisbon and Cascais
- Parties, awards and celebrations
- Branding, printing and other event services
- Guest speakers and event MCs
- Live music from Fado to DJ’s
- Full hospitality & catering
Team Building Package Options
Multi-night or Single Day Trips
Travel, Food & Drink
5* Customer Service + Hosts
Everything we create is 100% tailor-made for you using our local network of partners and suppliers for the perfect team trip in Lisbon. We take pride in our award winning personal customer service and will be there from your enquiry through to hosting & delivering your team building event. When you’re ready, please feel free to request a quote or call us for a chat any time.
- Adventure travel / activity tourism specialists – proud to provide quality experiences
- Local and national travel & transfers (group flights can be booked via our partners, ask us about that if you would like that included)
- Food & drinks to suit your team building retreat. From self-catering packages, to fully catered retreats, we will even bring you the tastiest pasteis de nata in town!
- Multi-night packages with accommodation, or choose just a day trip / activity only sales if you wish
- Local team and suppliers – aiming to support independent local companies
- Small enough to care and big enough to cope!
- Flexible and approachable team building and retreat service here to support you 7 days a week
- Green travel is the goal! We plant monthly trees to offset our footprint with Mossy Earth, each team building group also has 1 tree ‘at least’ planted in their name with the option to buy and plant more! Do contact us for more info when you get a quote or call us
- We always aim to work with local suppliers only and make the extra efforts to limit plastic use on our trips
Yoga & Wellness
Outdoor & Indoor Yoga
Meditation & Relaxation
A happy and healthy team must be developed from the core, inside to out, and wellness is essential to developing that. With your Big Blue Adventures retreat you can include various wellness activities such as beach yoga to accompany a surf camp, morning meditation before your meetings and exploring, to nutritional workshops for a good food = good mood culture at the office.
- Beginner friendly sessions to advanced on request
- Tailor-made wellness retreats and sessions to suit your team building event
- Yoga at the accommodation, beach or in nature
- Meditation practices indoor or outdoor
- Nutritional therapy to boost the health and mood of your team with some fantastic knowledge and tips to take home with you
- Various massage and body therapy treatments from sports massage to spa sessions
- Reduce stress levels, produce stringer mindsets and recharge your team with our wellness options
Beach and Nature Cleans
Beach & Country Cleans
As much time as you can commit!
Great for your team CSR
Here at Big Blue Adventures we love our planet and see first hand the horrible effects pollution and littering has on our natural playgrounds. We all have a big part to play in protecting our planet and adding a team beach clean is a great thing to do first of all, but also a fantastic CSR initiative for your team. Do mention this on your quote form if you like the idea of adding this and thank you for thinking about the planet – she needs it!
Coaching & Workshops
Mindset & Motivation
Motivational Talks & Workshops
Enhance Key Business Skills
We work with a network of modern business coaches & motivational speakers who can be added to your corporate retreat with us in Lisbon. With an array of key business areas we can work we have something for all teams. If you haven’t got as far as to what you want to work on yet, don’t worry that is fine – we can arrange a retreat chat and get a tailor-made package set up for you.
- Professional, fun and modern coaching sessions
- Motivational presentations and talks to practical workshops
- Work on key areas such as communications, trust, mindset, overcoming fears & mind blockers to being moved by a motivational speaker
Blue Hostel Lisboa
Perfect for large or small teams
A really fresh and modern hostel with touches of hotel quality. Blue Hostel offers a sought after central Lisbon city location with some of Lisbon’s top attractions and neighbourhoods really close by, such as Liberty Avenue only 200 yards away. With a rooftop terrace and bar on-site and plenty of rooms for groups of many sizes, this is a highly recommended option for teams who want great quality accommodation at cost effective prices over a hotel.
- 4 bed, 6 bed and 8 bed dorm rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- Soudproofed quality dorm rooms with air-conditioning and each bed has a curtain, light & charger sockets by the bed
- Twin and double en-suite rooms, as well as double suite premium rooms also available
- Rooftop terrace with seating, great place for a cold drink with city views
- Continental breakfast included
- Lounge area with TV
- 24 hour front desk staff
Fits 12-14 pax
A high-quality, group-friendly apartment in the heart of Lisbon, offering 4 bedrooms, a modern living room, 3 bathrooms and a self-catering kitchen. The highlight would be the outdoor terrace with comfy garden furniture, surrounded by typical Lisbon apartment blocks for an authentic city visit.
- Single & double beds
- Free wi-fi
- Bars & restaurants in the local area
- Sought after central area with tourist attractions close by
Hotel White Lisboa 3*
41 rooms + 4 duplex suites
A lovely bright and modern hotel in an excellent central Lisbon location. Hotel White Lisboa is a small 3* boutique hotel with a friendly, local and easy going vibe, presenting a great base for any team seeking comfort and style on their trip. The cherry on-top being a nice rooftop pool with sun terrace and views across the city!
- 41 en-suite rooms with options for twins or private doubles and 4 duplex suites
- Rooftop pool and sun terrace
- Lounge area
- Highspeed internet throughout free of charge
- Metro station in front of the hotel offering access direct from the airport, and across Lisbon
- Walking distance from restaurants, bars and Lisbon’s tourist attractions
- Exclusive hire available on request
- No bar and restaurant on-site, but there is a vending machine and cafes / shops on the street
- No meeting rooms, but we can include Lisbon city meetings room spaces and co-working for you
Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa 5*
Perfect for small or large teams
Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa is located in the bustling city business district, just a 10-minute walk from downtown Baixa, a great central location. With a brand of Sheraton you know what to expect and there are premium 5* touches throughout the hotel. Offering a range of twin or double en-suite rooms as well as executive suites there are a options for teams of all sizes here. A great choice for those seeking 5* comfort and world-class facilities.
- Meetings & events centre on-site with rooms available for all size conferences and dinner parties
- The panoramic bar situated on the top floor offers guests one of Lisbon’s best views (and cocktails!) – we can also run private events here for large groups
- Spa and wellness centre with a gym
- Outdoor pool with sun terrace
- Lobby bistro restaurant
Lisbon Riverside Hangar
Fits 14-18 pax
Want to stay somewhere cool, modern and quirky without worrying about making noise as a crew? Our Lisbon Riverside Hangar would be perfect for your offsite! From the outside it looks like a regular industrial building, but inside you’ve got everything you need for a comfortable stay. There is a pool-table & table-tennis, a modern self-catering kitchen, a dining/living room and en-suite bedrooms. No need to worry about being noisy here, you’re far away from any residential neighbours. It’s also just a short taxi ride into Lisbon’s city centre.
- Variety of bedrooms with singles & bunk-beds
- Free wi-fi
- Free indoor climbing session at the climbing wall next door
- Self-catering apartment
- Craft beer bar and restaurant around the corner
Fits up to 30 pax
Our largest apartment in Lisbon’s city centre, situated in between the popular Alfama & Santa Cruz areas. This is an awesome place to stay with a nice social aspect for your team building Lisbon retreat. It’s clean and comfy group accommodation in a typical Lisbon property and neighbourhood, with a variety of bedroom sizes and a large living room.
- Single & double beds
- Self-catering kitchen (we can provide catering packages)
- 5 bathrooms
- Free wi-fi
- Bars & restaurants in the local area
- Authentic Lisbon neighbourhood
Carcavelos Beach Villa
Fits between 20-28 pax
If you love the idea of surfing or just relaxing at a nearby beach but having Lisbon city close by then the Carcavelos Villa is perfect for your team building group. A cool and modern private villa for just you and your crew, with friendly staff on hand to serve a delicious breakfast and a BBQ night. There is table-tennis in the chilled spacious garden, a living room with TV, modern bathroom facilities and a variety of bedrooms. What’s really cool is that the house comes with decent free bikes (our friends here are cycling crazy), in case you don’t fancy walking to the beach or if you want to cycle the coast path into Cascais or Lisbon city. The villa is opposite Carcavelos train station, which takes you directly into Lisbon’s city centre making exploring and enjoy the city’s nightlife super easy and cost effective.
- Free wi-fi
- Self-catering kitchen
- Continental Breakfast and home cooked BBQ nights
- Close to Carcavelos surf beach with beach bars and restaurants
- Free bike hire
- Bunk rooms, twins and triples available
- Great garden space for games, parties and also yoga sessions
Estoril Boutique Hostel
Small to Medium teams
Estoril is a classy beach suburb with style and amazing architecture. And our friend’s boutique hostel certainly fits that image. In a sought after location, walking distance to the nearby beaches just across the road and conveniently the train station is nearby offering a direct 30mins train ride into Lisbon city (Cais do Sodre). There is a scenic promenade connecting the two coastal towns of Estoril and Cascais, with bars, restaurants and chilled out local beaches on the way. The boutique hostel offers high-quality hostel group accommodation, with bunks & private rooms, a basement lounge with TV perfect for co-working and meetings, and a small bar. There is also an outdoor area where you can hang out and catch some Lisbon sun. Voted Europe’s Hostel of the Year, for a good reason, friendly and personal hostel experience of high standards.
- Free wi-fi
- Self-catering kitchen
- A short troll from Estoril train station
- Catered BBQ nights with sangria
- Continental breakfast
- Ask us about hiring this exclusively for your team!
- Indoor and outdoor meetings & parties available
- Minutes from beaches and the sea
- Close to other attractions such as the famous casino in Estoril
Hotel do Mar 4* (Sesimbra)
Built overlooking the golden sandy Sesimbra beach with beautiful blue seas, Hotel do Mar provides a fantastic 4* hotel destination for any team seeking activities, nature and fun options on their doorstep. Just 45 minutes south of Lisbon city by one of our transfers, meaning we can easily combine the tranquillity of the Arrabida coastline with activity day tours or a night out in the city. Sesimbra is an old fishing town mostly popular with domestic tourism, so it does offer an authentic Portuguese experience.
- Meetings and events facilities
- Indoor and outdoor pools, spa and gym
- Sun terrace
- Restaurant with sea views
- Range of double / twin bed en-suites with sea views
- Amazing range of team building activities, walking distance away on this breathtaking coastline
- 24 hour desk and a really friendly local team
Cascais Beach Hostel
Fits small – large groups up to 69pax
An awesome small hostel with modern rooms, friendly staff and a great location. This beachy hostel in Cascais offers bunk beds with curtains for more privacy, each bed also comes with its own plug socket and locker. Some rooms have their own private balcony overlooking the pool and garden area. It’s just a short stroll into Cascais’ centre and its local beaches. The train from Cascais takes you right into Lisbon’s city centre if you fancy a night out in the capital.
- 4, 6 and 10 bed bunk rooms, as well as private twin or double rooms available
- Self-catering kitchen
- Small bar on site
- Lounge area with TV
- Pool with sun-loungers
- Free wi-fi
- Catered BBQ nights with sangria
- Continental breakfast
- Available to hire exclusively for larger groups
Eurostar 4* Hotel Cascais
Small to large teams
A clean, modern and comfortable 4* hotel with amazing facilities perfect for a beachy corporate retreat near to Lisbon. Nicely located just a few hundred yards from popular coastal tourist spot, Boca do Inferno, offering guests lovely sea views from their rooms. A great spot for those teams wanting a solid choice for a coastal hotel while not going to 5* prices.
- 101 rooms with a range of twin / double en-suites, triple rooms and suites. All come with the essentials you’d expect to find at a good 4* hotel incl. air conditioning & wi-fi
- All rooms have a balcony and sea views
- Outdoor pool with sun terrace and seasonal bar
- Large meetings and events space with 4 different multi-functional rooms where we can run conferences for all size groups
- Cafe bar
- 20 minute walk into the centre of Cascais
- Bike hire available
- Famous golf courses close by within 3km
Cascais Hostel & Villa
Small to medium sized teams
This cool property doubles up as both a small hostel as well as private villa. Depending on your group size you could hire the whole building for your corporate retreat. It’s just a short walk to Cascais’ train station, which takes you via a scenic route directly into Lisbon’s centre. The villa has a pool and a large garden area with plenty of space to chill out, do some yoga, have outdoor meetings and play some games.
- Dorm rooms and private rooms available
- Small bar on site
- Free wi-fi
- Continental breakfast included
- Communal space with dining tables
- Staff on site to cater for your group such as adding a tasty BBQ night with beers and sangria + more
- Fancy having a meeting here? Or perhaps a party with live acoustic music or fado? We can look after your Audio Visual and events needs!
Casa Vela Cascais
29 rooms up to 65 guests
A beautiful guesthouse in Cascais that oozes quality, style and character. Described as an oasis of tranquillity in the middle of historic Cascais – Casa Vela is perfect for teams who want more ambience and relaxation on their retreat. And with features lie the waterfalls, lakes and 3500 square meters of green space, it provides just the right environment for a relaxed team getaway together.
- Range of ensuite doubles rooms, some with balconies overlooking the gardens, superior rooms, studios and suites
- Lovely big garden space with an outdoor pool and sun terrace
- Indoor lounge area
- Wi-fi throughout
- Small licensed bar
What group sizes can you take?
We can look after all sorts of team sizes, from 6 people up to 400+, with no real cap on what we can do for an event. We do of course have safety ratios with our activities and are limited on participants per session, but as a collective event there is a lot we can cover to keep your team happy and on the go. Do contact us to discuss your needs and we will go the extra miles to make sure your team event is epic!
What about the variety of confidence and fitness abilities in our team?
This is super common within team building events, to have a variety of ages, confidence and fitness abilities. We work hard to meet everyone’s needs, keeping it all balanced and feel the best moments a team can have is when they push some fun boundaries together, so we do like to get everyone in the mix as much as possible. We have a range of activities and they are all largely ‘adventure’ flexible, for example with coasteering all sections are ‘adventure by choice’, so with certain guests if they aren’t comfortable they can skip a jump section. Best thing to do is let us know about the concerns in your team and we will ensure there is a nice variety of activities and there’s a balance to the package to keep everyone happy.
Some people in our team don't want to do one or some of the activities, what can we do?
This does happen of course, especially in team trips. We do love for all people to push themselves and try something different. If it’s fear that’s blocking these individuals, or a worry of fitness levels, we are always happy to have a friendly and supportive chat to help put them at ease. It can after all be daunting doing something out of the ordinary, like a watersport if you have never tried that before. But the results are always of pure joy – so it is worth finding that courage and get involved.
If there is no way they can participate then of course that is fine. We typically find them a suitable alternative activity or experience to run alongside the main activity, then we can rendezvous after that session as a group. And if doing a multi-activity corporate retreat, then we can ensure there is a nice balance to the package where the whole team at stages are involved together as a crew.
Some people in the group can't swim, what can we do about that?
It is of course a requirement to be able to have at least a basic level of swimming ability to join in a watersports. If a team member can’t swim at all we typically find those guests a more suitable activity to run alongside the main activity, such as a hike, boat tour or climbing etc. Even a watersport that is low risk could be possible such as a calm water kayaking tour with all the necessary buoyancy kit on. Do let us know when you enquire about any individuals with a swimming concern and we will factor this into the package options.
How do we pay and secure our booking?
Once you’ve made contact and received your tailor-made quote and wish to secure your trip, you simply just need to let us know. From there we will send you an invoice to obtain a non-refundable deposit, which is usually 30% but that can vary depending on the complexity of the team building package. The deposit secures everything and blocks the dates off. There is then nothing to pay until your final balance deadline which is usually 6 – 8 weeks for a multi-night package retreat, or 3 weeks for an activity only sale or day trip with no accommodation.
Payments are paid via bank transfer into our secure PTS Trust Account that complies with Package Travel Regulations for that added peace of mind. We can on request take credit or debit card payments over the phone.
We are here to make your life easy as easy as we can, any issues or questions you may have in regards to your payments do just give us a call on UK +447985368956.
How much will it cost?
Everything is 100% tailor-made for you! So, we can create a Big Blue Adventure to suit specific budgets and what you would like to include for the perfect team getaway. The more activities and package elements you include, the more that package will cost. It also depends on your final numbers of people attending in the group, generally larger groups have a cheaper per person rate over smaller groups as there are more people to split the core package costs between. Best thing to do is request a quote – it costs you nothing to start the ball rolling and say hello, we can send a great package your way from there.
Can you include flights? And other transfers and travel services?
We can cover everything from the moment you step foot on a Big Blue Adventure. That includes transfers from the airport, to your activities, nightclubs, sightseeing – and so on! We can also help with any transfers from your business address to the retreat destination, be that from the UK or across Europe should you wish to avoid flying and use a bus, train or ferry in stead.
While Big Blue Adventures are not ATOL protected we have teamed up with a fantastic group we work closely with to provide group flights. So, collectively we can get a quote your way and offer you group flights for your team trip. We can help with all group sizes and it can save you a big admin project.
Are meals and drinks included?
Of course we can cover breakfast, lunch and dinner + a suitable amount of drinks to suit the itinerary. Whether you want self-catering, B&B, 1/2 board to all inclusive hospitality – we can include as much or as little as you wish. If you have vegans, vegetarians, halal or any other dietary requirements that’s absolutely fine. We work hard to team up with the right catering teams & venues to cater for the variety we find in modern teams. Plus Lisbon is actually particularly good for Portugal in offering a variety of options. Like all elements it is bespoke and we will meet your style, budget and needs to suit.
Can you help sports teams and clubs?
Yes of course, we love to help sports teams with certain team bonding events, a pre-season tour to any other team trip you have in mind. Think of Big Blue Adventures as your friendly go-to for all your sports team trip needs, here to help as much as you want:
- Accommodation to suit your requirements including gyms, good catering etc
- Travel and private transport
- Events management: from meeting spaces for team talks, to parties and awards
- Motivational speakers and workshops
- Hospitality: meals and drinks
- Arranging local games and tours
- Sightseeing and tours
- Help booking training facilities and private spaces
We are worried about our carbon footprint, is there anything BBA can do?
It’s great you are thinking about sustainable travel and what we leave behind after the fun has finished. This is why on each corporate retreat you will get 1 x tree planted at least as a result of your booking. We work with the fantastic team at Mossy Earth who help us travel with less of a carbon footprint by investing in monthly tree plantations and rewilding projects across the UK and Europe. You will also get a GPS co-ordinate of your tree (s) and you have the option to purchase and add on more.
Other areas we like to help out the planet and put group travel to good use is by conducting beach and nature cleans. A great selfless act and also a nice CSR move for your business.
Why Adventure With Us…
We work as one big team with our local activity providers, making sure that together we offer a high quality experience for teams. Each activity has been tried & tested, and personally chosen by us.
Hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-200+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your team building needs.
The best way to remember your company retreat? A highlights video that captures all the best moments of your adventure. Video & pictures are included in all of our full packages with us there hosting & coordinating.
We settled on the coasteering package in the Algarve, and it turned out to be the perfect choice.
We were met by Nuno and the team, who picked all 16 of us up on time at our hotel (they even brought us pastel de natas!) Right from the start, they ensured everything we needed was sorted. The coasteering activity was awesome and the guys leading it were extremely helpful, professional and fun. The lunch that was provided was perfect for after the activities, and the restaurant setting of Benagil was fantastic! Nuno even brought us for and unexpected hike and tour around a local cove.
Big blue adventures made the whole experience easy for us, and ensured we had the best possible time during our short stay in Portugal! The team loved it, and I will definitely be booking again for next year!read more
More Team Building Destinations
Why We Love This…
“We absolutely love delivering team building in beautiful Lisbon as there are just so many world-class options for all types of company retreats. From pure outright team fun with surfing and outdoor adventures, to annual team conferences with team bonding activities and relaxing wellness getaways. My perfect day would include a morning coasteering session in Sesimbra, with lunch by the beach, followed by a tuk tuk tour of Lisbon city finished with a sunset team drink and rooftop views over the city. Perfeito!”
Daniel – Founder and Co-owner