Hen Weekends North Wales
Join us on an outdoorsy North Wales hen party with fun activities such as paddleboarding, hiking & ZipWorld!
A hen weekend in North Wales is perfect if you’re not after a city-based hen do with lots of clubs & bars on your doorstep, preferring to be surrounded by stunning nature and the option of some country pubs. Snowdonia & Anglesey offer lots of hen party outdoor activities such as paddleboarding, (sea) kayaking, canyoning and of course the famous ZipWorld. We also like adding extras such as a gin tasting at a local distillery or just some easy-going sightseeing in the rugged mountains & pretty alpinesque villages, along the stunning North Wales coastline. A hen party in North Wales is both chilled and adventurous! For a few more options, check out our broader range of Adventure Hen Weekends in Wales.
Big Blue Adventures also offers hen-friendly quality accommodation like private log cabins, bunkhouses, & hotels — with a variety of fun and adventurous hen do activities, such as hiking & rock-climbing, and even local transfers. We’ll put an amazing North Wales hen weekend together for you, tailor-made to suit your group. When you’re ready just hit the Quote button, call or email us direct. What are you waiting for? Plan your dream hen weekend in Snowdonia or Anglesey!
Learn to SUP
One of our most popular spots for paddleboarding in Wales is on beautiful Llanberis Lake with scenic mountain views, in the heart of Snowdonia. Learn all the basics of SUP and enjoy this relaxed watersport with your hen group. It’s a great activity option if you’re looking for something to suit most fitness & confidence levels. We can also add some games & challenges to make it a more playful session, or simply enjoy a relaxed exploration of the lake.
- Small – Medium groups
- Experienced instructors
- All needed equipment included
- Our paddleboarding lessons usually last between 2-3 hours
- Llanberis and its surroundings offer some lovely lunch options like local cafes & pubs for after your paddleboarding adventure
Mountain, Lake or Coastal Hikes
Half- or Full Day Activity
Climb Snowdon’s Summit
From hiking famous Mount Snowdon (1085m high) to the Welsh Coastal Path and secluded lakes. North Wales offers endless hiking routes and is also seen as Wales’ hike paradise. Whether you fancy a full day of exploring with your hen group or just a relaxed stroll with some sightseeing, we can recommend great walks & hikes in the area. Visit places like Ynys Llanddwyn lighthouse on Anglesey, stroll to a secluded beach pub Ty Coch on the Llyn Peninsula or visit alpine style towns like Betws-y-Coed for a well deserved glass of prosecco or pint of cider after your hiking activity.
- All group sizes
- Experienced guides
- Tailor-made Hikes
- Add on orienteering challenges
- Sunrise or Sunset hikes available
- Bring warm clothes & Waterproofs
Europe’s Longest Zipline
One of Snowdonia’s most famous attractions is ZipWorld and all the unique activities it offers. Whether you’re up for an adrenaline activity such as the fast Velocity zipline or the Caverns Adventure with zipline sections high up in an underground cave, or if you’re just after some fun & laughs on the underground trampoline park of Bounce Below… ZipWorld offers a guaranteed great day out for hen do’s!
- Suitable for most group sizes
- Variety of activities available or combine 2 on the same day
- Nice cafe on site
- Scenic Location
- Best for medium – high budgets
Variety Of Game Zones
Medium – Large Groups
Compete against your own girls or take on another team in an exciting paintballing activity whilst on a hen weekend in North Wales! Enjoy a variety of game zones with different challenges, all set within a natural woodland area in south Snowdonia.
- Experienced instructors
- All needed equipment (overalls, masks, guns, gloves) included, bring some old clothes that can get muddy
- Half-day paintballing activity
- 300 paintballs included
- Evening paintballing sessions available in summer season
- Easy to combine with a quad-biking adventure
Waterfalls & Rapids
If you’re after an adventurous hen weekend in North Wales then you should try canyoning. It’s a beginner friendly watersport, but with fun jumps into rock-pools, natural slides and an abseil, it will probably also push some boundaries. We can adjust the canyoning depending on confidence levels, so don’t worry if there’s a few in the group that aren’t so adventurous!
- Roughly 4 hours incl. kitting up
- Fun jumps including some higher ones!
- Awesome natural slide section
- Experienced instructors & All equipment included (winter wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aids and climbing harnesses). Bring a pair of old trainers
- There are some nice pubs and picnic spots close by!
Explore The Coast
Swim With The Swells
Our coasteering activity on Anglesey takes place in the scenic bay of Porth Dafarch, close to Holyhead and Trearddur Bay. A beautiful coastline with nice inviting turquoise waters perfect for a coasteer! A great option for a day out if your hen do is staying in Snowdonia National Park and roughly only 40 minutes from Caernarfon.
- 3 -4 hours incl. kitting up
- Variety of smaller & higher jumps
- Caves and coves to explore
- Experienced instructors & all equipment included (winter wetsuits, buoyancy aids and helmets). Bring a pair of old trainers
- Nice spots in Trearddur Bay or The Paddlers Return for a drink and food after the adventure
- Why not add on sea kayaking, local exploring or rock climbing to your coasteering activity?
Learn The Basics Of Rock-Climbing
Coastal Or Mountain Climb
North Wales is a blessed region for great outdoor rock-climbing adventures and works well as a hen party activity. Whether that’s getting to grips with some nice coastal slabs on Anglesey, or taking in the mountain views at Llanberis Quarry – just to name a few. Rock-climbing is a great option for both beginner as well as intermediate levels!
- 1/2 day or full day climbs
- All kit provided, just bring suitable outdoor clothing and sports or climbing shoes
- Suitable for a variety of group sizes as we can divide larger groups
- Abseiling and rock-climbing for all levels
100 Acres Of Land
Quad-biking is one of those classic activity options and is a great fun for a hen do too! North Wales offers a nice challenging track situated in a 100 acre forest area. Enjoy a 1 hour muddy adventure (with intro lesson) on beginner friendly quad-bikes.
- Experienced instructors
- 10 people max at a time, but can take larger groups staggered
- Overalls available, but bring clothes that can get muddy
- 1 hour sessions
- Quad-biking is easy to combine with a paintballing activity or some local exploring
- Explore Criccieth and the Llyn Peninsula after your quad-biking adventure
Lake Or Coastal Paddle
A Fun Exploration
Whether you’re staying in Anglesey or Snowdonia, we’ve got some great options for kayaking. Sea kayaking is a fantastic way to explore the beautiful coastline around Anglesey. By sit on-top kayak we can cover some nice distances, explore caves and enjoy the turquoise waters. Llanberis Lake in Snowdonia is a very easy-going location for a kayaking activity and offers a beautiful mountainous backdrop! We use sit-on-top kayaks which are very buoyant and easy to manoeuvre, so you don’t need any previous experience. We also have a few double kayaks available in case you’d like to share with the hen!
- Beginner friendly and accessible watersports
- Many epic paddle spots available in North Wales incl. Llanberis Lake, Anglesey, Menai Straits or Llyn Peninsula
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment included (bring a pair of shoes or wetsuit boots)
- Single and double kayaks available
- 1/2 day or full day tours
- Stop off at a local pub afterwards to complete your hen day out!
Anglesey Or Llyn Peninsula
There aren’t that many places where you can catch waves whilst being blessed with dramatic mountains as a backdrop. But that’s what you can expect from surfing on Anglesey or the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales. Scenic surf sports, nice beginner waves and a great team of friendly, passionate local coaches there to spread the stoke for surf. Both locations are in easy reach if you’re staying in Snowdonia or Anglesey for your hen weekend in North Wales.
- Roughly 3 hours incl. kitting up and briefing on the beach
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment included
- Nice spots nearby for food and drink after the surf which we can include in your hen package
Exploring & Tours
Explore North Wales
Castles, Mountains & Alpinesque Towns
North Wales really does have world-class scenery around every corner and while you’re here on your hen do it makes sense to make the most of that. We love to take our groups exploring on private tours after the outdoor activities, or even as a stand-alone option. From one of the most instagrammable spots in Wales at Ynys Llanddwyn Lighthouse to stunning Snowdonia spots such as Llyn Gwynant, and from a Gin tasting at Aberfalls distillery to exploring the cute streets of Betws-y-Coed.
- Tailor-made private tours with transfers
- Fitted in around your activities
- We can include entrance tickets to tourist attractions such as Caernarfon Castle
- Great way to enjoy your time here considering North Wales isn’t the place for big nightclubs – it is about the exploring, nature & adventures with your hens!
Cottages & Villas
Medium – Large Groups
Cosy Cottage Or Modern Villa
Whether you fancy a typical mountain type cottage with log-fire and cosy feel, or a large modern villa with games room, we have a variety of quality private properties available throughout North Wales to suit hen parties with a medium-high budget. Most of the self-catering villas & cottages are within walking distance from a local pub, making it a great option for hen do’s wanting to enjoy a few drinks out in the evening!
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchens
- Classic & Modern property options
- Quality self-catering properties with nice communal areas
- Variety of bedrooms incl. double, single and bunk-beds
- Pubs at walking distance from most properties
- Villas come with games room (pool-table, air-hockey or table-football)
- Free parking
- Free wi-fi
- Add on a meal & drinks package
Log Cabins & Bunkhouses
Small – Medium Groups
Beautiful Natural Setting
If you’re after comfy group accommodation in Snowdonia with mountain and countryside views, then our selection of log cabins & bunkhouses are perfect for your hen do in North Wales. Sleeping from 6 people up to 20+ with comfortable living space, self-catering kitchen, variety of bedrooms incl. single, double and bunk-beds and outdoor patios with picnic benches overlooking a stunning natural setting – this is a popular choice for an outdoorsy hen that isn’t too fussed on an evening out.
- Free wi-fi
- Self-catering accommodation but we can provide meal packages
- Some properties come with a fire-pit or BBQ, or are within walking distance from a local pub – let us know what you prefer as part of your package
- Free parking
- Variety of bedrooms
- Add on a bus transfer for an evening out in nearby towns & villages
Hotels & Hostels
All Group Sizes
Budget Or Luxury
On-Site Bar/Spa Facilities
Fancy something a bit more luxurious? Why not stay at a comfortable hotel in a picturesque alpinesque village in the heart of Snowdonia! Some of the hotels we’ve partnered up with come with pool & spa facilities to make your stay even more comfortable, especially in the autumn & winter months. Alternatively you can opt for cheaper accommodation if you’d rather save some of the funds for fun hen activities. Choose between a friendly hostel with on-site bar in the historic town of Caernarfon or stay in a typical YHA surrounded by nature!
- Continental and/or cooked breakfast included
- Private dorm-rooms and private en-suite rooms available
- Free wi-fi
- Bar and/or restaurant on site
- Hotel with pool & spa facilities available
- Our hotels & hostels are all in great locations across North Wales, close to the activities or near restaurants and pubs
With any of our Big Blue adventures we always aim for a personal customer service (Travel & Hospitality Award winners for ‘excellence in customer service’) and have a friendly face there to welcome you to your hen weekend in North Wales. We can be there to take the stress off your hands and organise the key moments with our local hosts there to bring some good vibes! Previous maid of honours and hen groups have loved this for added peace of mind and it is our default service, but we can also set it up as a un-hosted / self-guided hen weekend on request.
Need transport from your group accommodation to our activities? No worries, that is usually expected on a group trip like a hen do. We have mini-busses available for groups of all sizes. Our mini-busses are also there for day-trips or extra exploring in surrounding areas, such as Betws-y-Coed, Llanberis Lake, Caernarfon, Conwy, Llyn Peninsula or the Menai Straits.
We can also look after your airport or train station transfers, as well as arrange transfers for a night out in nearby towns.
Pics & Highlights Video
On a hosted adventure we take our GoPro cameras with us and shoot some cool pictures & videos. We’ll send these to you afterwards and even edit a personal highlights video of your hen adventure, the best way to remember your trip!
Meals & Drinks
Choose between Bed & Breakfast, half board or all-inclusive. We can also organise a drinks package, BBQ night or packed-lunch. Just add it to your ‘quote’ options and we will get a meal package sorted for you!
Hen Do Extras
On the side of the outdoor activities we’d also love to show you around the local area with some added sightseeing, or help you with restaurant reservations for your evening out. If you have any ideas of things you’d like to include in your package that we haven’t already mentioned, just let us know on your ‘quote‘ form and we’ll do our best to help!
Why Adventure With Us…
Our Big Blue destinations offer great group accommodation options, good travel links and world-class adventures. We spend a lot of time at our locations and know what works well for hen groups.
Hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-100+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your hen do.
The best way to remember your hen weekend? A highlights video that captures all the best moments of your adventure. Video & pictures are included in all of our full packages.
More Wales Hen Do’s
Why We Love This…
“Snowdonia & Anglesey are awesome spots for an active hen do in Wales, with a huge variety of activities and places to visit. I love going for a scenic hike in the mountains or a relaxing paddleboarding session on the lakes. Followed by a well deserved treat of home-made cake & freshly brewed coffee at a local cafe in the picturesque town of Betws-y-Coed.”
Heleen – Co-owner