Get your coasteering adrenaline hit in Lisbon, West Algarve or Tropical Madeira!
Coasteering in Portugal is the ultimate coastal adventure. The watersport includes exciting elements of scrambling, climbing, swimming in the swells and heart pumping jumps into the big blue! And Portugal is the perfect destination for the activity, with stunning clear blue seas and a breathtaking dramatic coastline. We can take the adventure to your max! It’s very adaptable to suit your group’s confidence levels and age. Perfect for stag & hen groups, team building and family adventuring.
Big Blue Adventures specialises in group adventure travel including outdoor activities, adventure day tours or multi-night breaks across Portugal. So, whether you just need to the book your coasteering activity only, a fun day out or multi-activity holiday, please contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today.
Coasteering Lisbon / Sesimbra
Ziplines & Abseil
Groups up to 70 in size!
Close to Lisbon city
One of our best selling group adventure activities is a coasteering day out from Lisbon to the stunning Arrabida National Park. Situated on the coast in Sesimbra, we have various world-class routes including everything you want from an epic coasteer with the additions of rhib boat rides, ziplines and abseils. It literally has it all!
- 3 – 4 hours in activity length including boat travel, kitting up and briefing etc.
- Various size jumps up to 10 metres (optional)
- Zipline and abseil sections
- Only 50minutes drive from Lisbon
- Stunning coastline area in a national park
- Wetsuits, safety kit and climbing kit supplied (guests bring swimwear and old pair of trainers)
- Very professional team of instructors with quality kit
- Marina and beach bars / restaurants within walking distance to finish off a great experience
- Minimum age 12 years
- Other activities available to add on to your day here: climbing, kayaking, caving, mountain biking, SUP, boat or 4×4 tours with wine tasting
Warm Sub-tropical waters
Large groups welcome
Looking for the ultimate coastal adventure while in Madeira? Coasteering in the the inviting, blue tropical waters here is the perfect activity! Explore the dramatic and scenic coastline on the eastern part of the island, with big jumps, fun in the swell, scrambling & climbing plus finish with some snorkelling. Epic adventure to be had!
- 4 hours in activity length including boat travel, kitting up and briefing etc.
- All kit included: wetsuits, safety gear, footwear, snorkelling, towels
- Great selection of jumps of up to 10m+
- Stunning waters and coastline
- 35 minutes transfer east from Funchal
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Great to combine with other activities such as: surfing, sea kayaking, SUP, hiking or mountain biking!
- We can stop at nice bars and restaurants after the adventure
West Algarve / Lagos
Famous Algarve Coastline
Sagres and Lagos area
Groups up to 40
With 300 days of sunshine a year and this amazing coastline to play in, coasteering is just the perfect adventure activity for west Algarve. We run our coasteering sessions in Sagres or near Raposeira closer to Lagos, both offering everything you’d wish for in an epic coasteer: fun big jumps, exploring the coast in a unique way, playing in swells and caves, climbing and having a great time.
- 3 – 4 hours in length with kitting up and briefing time
- All coasteering kit included, guests to bring suitable trainers
- Range of big jumps (all optional)
Stunning coastline that never disappoints
- Minimum age 8 years
- Stop at some beach bars and explore the area after coasteering
- Add on adventures like mountain biking, SUP or surfing
Transfers not included
Activity only sale
Pics & video on request
Just looking to book your coasteering activity with us only? That’s no issue at all. Prices are dependant on group numbers, location and seasons – so please contact us through the website chat, get a quote or call us today!
Coasteering Day Tour
Food & drinks
Pics & a highlights video
Our most popular option is a hosted day tour. We take the stress off your hands and bring the good vibes and extra touches to complete the experience. With a door to door transfer service, optional inclusion of lunch / dinner to suit your budget and our team there to capture the moments with a load of great pictures and a personal highlights video for you. The perfect day out!
- Clean, modern private transfer busses with AC, from 8 seat minibuses up to large coaches
- We can include lunch or dinner with drinks to suit your budget and style. Various options available from beach restaurants & bars, BBQs to packed lunches & more
- Less stress having us there to host and coordinate the day
- Pictures and video with a highlights video
- Private tours made for you!
- Competitions for ‘Adventurer of the Day’ where the winner get’s a cool prize
- Add in extra sight-seeing, or why not double up on the adventures with an extra activity after coasteering?
Coasteering & various other activities
Other travel package essentials
At Big Blue Adventures we are specialists in package adventure travel for groups and can provide tailor-made getaways with coasteering at the heart of your trip! Whether you want a weekend break on a stag do, an active team building office detox or a family holiday in Portugal – we offer an award winning service with quality package travel options.
- Coasteering and a range of other outdoor adventures
- Cultural sightseeing and exploring including hiking, tuk tuk tours & much more
- Range of group accommodation from hotels, boutique modern hostels to private apartments and villas
- Food & drink
- Friendly local host team
- Pics & highlights video
- Great for stag & hen weekends, company retreats, kids camps, media & press trips, families and more!
Pictures & Video
What better way to capture those special moments than having us there as your very own media crew? We will be there like proud hosts and we include pictures and a personalised highlights video. We love adventure travel and the smiles it puts on everyone’s faces. We get a real buzz from putting together the highlights and sharing them with you after the trip.
Photos and video are typically included in the day tours and multi-night trips only, but we can on request try and include pictures in activity only. It depends on our instructors. In Madeira our team there love a selfie so pictures are included!
How much will it cost?
All our day and multi-night packages are 100% tailor-made for you! So, we can create a Big Blue Adventure to suit specific budgets and what you would like to include for the perfect adventure. The more activities and package elements you include the more that package will cost. It also depends on your final numbers in the group, generally larger groups have a cheaper per person rate over smaller groups as there are more people to split the core package costs between. Best thing to do is request a quote – it costs you nothing to start the ball rolling and say hello, we can send a great package your way from there.
Activity only sales for coasteering vary on location and again size within the groups, you could be looking at something between €45 – €60 per person.
When you are ready to book your adventure we simply start with a 30% non-refundable deposit to confirm it all. The final balance is typically required no later than 3 weeks before your activity date for day tours or 6 weeks for multi-night packages. Most customers pay by bank transfer, but we can also accept debit and credit card transaction upon request.
We can also make some changes between the deposit and the final balance payment. Such as amending a few dropouts / attendee increases, or making some package changes within reason. For further information please do see our terms and conditions.
What to bring
To take part in coasteering all you need is:
- A pair of old spare trainers – like a gym shoe / sneaker with sturdy sole and something you don’t mind getting wet, sandy and roughed up on the rocks. Please note in Madeira our team there have canyoning shoes which we can use nicely for coasteering.
- Swimwear or spare underwear for under the wetsuit. Try and avoid boardies as anything baggy can be very uncomfortable under a wetsuit
- If you have a pair handy then old shorts to go over the wetsuits I can be useful to help us protect the wetsuit. They can get ripped up though so only if you have an old pair!
- A towel
- Water (please try and avoid throw away single use plastic!)
- Any medication you need to keep on you, such as an asthma pump of EpiPen etc
All the essential kit is included; wetuits, helmets, buoyancy aids and any climbing gear.
Are meals & drinks included?
We can include lunch or dinner after the coasteering with drinks. It all depends on what type of meal you want, how much budget you have for the meal and time. We work with some amazing places from beach side modern restaurants to very cultural old joints for an authentic Madeira BBQ and can also include a packed lunch with drinks on a beach or a quick bite on the move.
Minimum numbers are 6 people typically due to the cost to run a day tour or multi-night adventure. But please contact us if you have less than 6 and wish to explore a Big Blue Adventure for your group.
Why Adventure With Us…
Our Big Blue destinations offer great group accommodation options, good travel links, quality facilities and world-class adventures. We spend a lot of time at our locations and know what works well for groups.
Specialists in hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-100+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your crew.
The best way to remember your company retreat? A highlights video that captures all the best moments of your adventure. Video & pictures are included in all of our full packages and day tours.
We settled on the coasteering package in the Algarve, and it turned out to be the perfect choice.
We were met by Nuno and the team, who picked all 16 of us up on time at our hotel (they even brought us pastel de natas!) Right from the start, they ensured everything we needed was sorted. The coasteering activity was awesome and the guys leading it were extremely helpful, professional and fun. The lunch that was provided was perfect for after the activities, and the restaurant setting of Benagil was fantastic! Nuno even brought us for and unexpected hike and tour around a local cove.
Big blue adventures made the whole experience easy for us, and ensured we had the best possible time during our short stay in Portugal! The team loved it, and I will definitely be booking again for next year!read more
More Activities In Portugal
Why We Love This…
Founder & Co-Owner